cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nlpoorman25

Help!

i quit smoking 12 days ago... the physical stuff seemed to get better but now it is all emotional and I feel like I am literally falling apart... I have the Nicolette gum, a juul if I’m really struggling and peppermint oil... but my emptions are off the wall and making me vulnerable in other areas of my life. Is this normal?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Barbscloud

Yes it's normal--that's why some call it an emotional roller coaster.  First of all hang on and take deep breathes. Slow everything down.   There is emotional part to quitting also.  For some more than others--I was one of the others.  Don't think should vape.  People are having a very difficult time quitting vaping.  

Barbara145

Good morning.  Congratulations on quitting smoking. 12 days is great. Don't use the juul.  One of the hardest things to break is the hand to mouth thing. When we smoke we stuff our emotions, good and bad.  It takes time to sort it all out and "feel"  You are growing in that misery you are feeling. Quitting smoking is ultimately absolutely wonderful.  It takes time.  Give it time.  It just takes time.  You have come to the right place.  Most people who quit need lots of support.  You will find it here. Welcome to Ex. 

sweetplt

Nlpoorman25 Yes it is ... try and take some deep breaths and calm down... problem ... all of us smoked through everything even our emotions and they start bubbling up...please donot smoke...you will only have to start day one all over...get online and start looking for a free site on breathing techniques...once you get calm....think about how you are reacting and what can you do to help yourself...maybe take a walk, pray, read the Bible, take a nice soothing bath, etc., 

If you are really in such a way after trying other things...then call your Doctor and have a chat about quitting smoking and your reaction...you will find that 12 days is a great quit, but you are so early in this journey...I am praying for you right now...keep us posted...Gotcha in my Heart ~ Colleen 

Nlpoorman25

Thank you so much! I am not smoking and I will not smoke I just felt like I was losing my mind... it’s tough readjusting my mind set!

Sent from my iPhone

MarilynH

How are you doing now Nlpoorman25? The first few weeks of quitting smoking isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth once you get to that good place in your quit where you realize how much better life is it's going to take time to relearn life without the smokes, deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can, CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and keep moving forward stacking up those precious DOF so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON......

maryfreecig

Very normal. Because this is an addiction/dependency, quitting requires much more of us than most other things we decide to do. I suggest you stick with Ex...dig around for success stories, read current blogs, comment and continue to blog. Please learn all you can about addiction. You won your quit for 12 days--fantastic. Now at a low point you've come to a great quit support site--fantastic on that, too. 

Yes you can do this, because you have. Welcome to Ex.

sweetplt

Reaching out to you Hon Nlpoorman25 How are you doing ? 

0 Kudos
Nlpoorman25

Tomorrow will be fourteen days !! It was easier today bc I worked rather then being at home! But my anxiety is a bit high thanks for asking!!

Sent from my iPhone

Barbscloud

Glad your doing better.

Barb