cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

If it doesn't challenge you it won't change you

Quitting nicotine, and personally I do not care so much as to "how" people choose to quit, that's their journey, not mine; I care much more that folks just stop smoking and feeding this deadly addiction. Anything I can do to help someone reach their goal of getting smober, then that's really what I'm all about. I love helping others and offering what little experience, strength, and hope that I have. It helps to keep me grounded in my own quit, and it places me in a nice position to try and be of help to the still suffering addict, plus I get to share in the success of others who are also Quit. It's a total win-win, for me.

In all the years that I have been nicotine and smoke free, believe me when I tell you I have been greatly challenged. Many of my challenges have not been pretty, to say the very least. I've faced difficulties that I never ever could have imagined I would face in recovery, nor could I ever have faced any of the hardships I have had to deal with without smoking! There have been a few exceptions, but I'm telling you right now there's not a whole lot that has happened in my life since getting off the death sticks that is quite as brutal as being caught up in the throes of active nicotine addiction.

I imagine for the rest of my life I will meet with many more challenges, and that's just part of the circle of life. The day that I stopped smoking was the day that I promised myself that there is no person, place, or thing worthy of me taking another puff of nicotine, no matter what!!!. Today has been another great day, and I look forward to making the most of tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day today... NOPE!

Greg

5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Overcoming the challenge of quitting smoking is one of the most rewarding, confidence building things I have ever done.  I, like you, want EVERYONE to understand that it can be done - and that once over the initial pangs, it is worth every minute of struggle it might take to get there.

And I, like you, want to help everyone get to this wonderful place of freedom.  It truly is a journey, and a worthwhile one, at that!  Not only is it about not smoking, but discovering that person behind the addiction - truly a worthwhile endeavor!

Thanks for this!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

I promised myself that there is no person, place, or thing worthy of me taking another puff of nicotine, no matter what!!!. 

I made the same commitment that no matter what! who! how! where! when! or why, I was never ever going to put another stinking cigarette in my mouth.  I made a vow never to ever touch one.  Not in my hand, not on my lips, not on my tongue, not in my lungs, not in my nose, not in my clothes, not in my throat, I will not choke because I will never ever smoke.  Good for you too. We are on the same page. Paying it Forward is another key to success.  Whoo Hoo Freedom. 

sweetplt

Hi WhispersQSMB Greg...and help you do on this site...Like you, I find helping others through this journey is rewarding and keeps me grounded in my quit...Thank you for always sharing...you have helped me often with your posts...Happy Friday night...~ Colleen 305 DOF 

MarilynH

Thank you for sharing this awesome post YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON, Life is Grand without a Cigarette in Hand.....

elvan

Great post, thanks for this, I agree that sharing experiences and supporting each other serves to make our own quits stronger.  Good for you.

Ellen

0 Kudos