cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thovis

Dumb stuff we did for a smoke

Today marks the 28th day smoke free.  I’m really not struggling to do it this time.  I travel with my job and this week I’m working with two guys that are pretty much chain smokers.  We ended up taking two vehicles to dinner so they could smoke.  This made me think about all of those times where I made decisions based on how I could smoke.  Now it seems pretty pathetic.  I think that alone is good motivation to quit. 

9 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 28 days.  Everything you do to not smoke will count as another day WON.  Stay close. Never quit on your quit.

Sis71

Congratulations on 28 days quit!! 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 28 days.   That's great that something positive came out the situation.  I new realization.  

Barb

sweetplt

Truthfully, it is analyzing this addiction that makes us strong...as you are doing it...and making good choices....Congratulations on 28 days of Freedom...Hang in there and keep that wonderful quit going...Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 303 DOF 

You are coming up on NML...”No Man’s Land”...approximately 30 to 130 days quit....here is the post...it is a good read and helpful,

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Thovis

I think all of the times I quit in the past has made me a better quitter.  if that makes sense.  I know what to expect and I know how to get past the moment.  Not much to it.  

minihorses

WOO-HOO on 28 days = 4 weeks with no nicotine.  We've all done dumb things just to smoke.  Stood in the snow, the rain, stand outside the car in a parking lot so we don't smoke IN the car; not done on outings with my kids' schools because I couldn't smoke, chain smoked before going to the movies, etc.  No we make choices like you did to take 2 cars.  So if it costs a little extra in gas but at least you're not getting smoked out and smell like it. Ya done good and I'm proud of ya.  Keep the faith and the quit!

avian3

Congratulations on 28 days!! Doesn't it feel great not to have to deal with that anymore?

I don't know why but this suddenly brought up a memory. The first person to respond to me by saying "Yes, I do mind." when I was a passenger in their vehicle and as I lowered the window asked them "You don't mind if I smoke, do you?" No other friend had ever said that to me before. I was kind of shocked. Glad she said that.

elvan

Congratulations on a nice start...keep going one day at a time, good for you.

Ellen

indingrl

CONGRATS 28 DAYS- YAHOOOOOOOOOO WAY TO GO