cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redhead101

Day 4 and 5

Hi to all been in emotional  wreck lonely I guess done really well the last 4 days ,,down and out  mood,my son which smokes he don't smoke in front of me but I do smell the smoke on him ,makes it really hard but I've made it threw now I'm on day 6 I'm so bored to death ,thought about going for a walk by myself  ,maybe that would help today ,,all I got to say I came this far dont give up going it better I guess at least I do have more energy  I can smell things alot better and taste of foods are different  even my coffee  I drink lol...yes i haven't  gave up my coffee  ,,

Tags (1)
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sakes alive  - Day FIVE?!!!!!!

Boredom is one of the key danger zones when you are quitting smoking.  Get busy instead!   March in place!  Take a walk!  Do a set of stairs!  Look online for a different recipe for dinner, go to the store to buy the ingredients, then spend some prep time and enjoy the fruits of your labors with your new and improved taste buds.  Do a crossword or jigsaw puzzle, or get an adult coloring book and markers.  Clean out a closet or a drawer (or the freezer)!   Think about a new hobby you can do with the extra time you now have!  YouTube has tutorials on cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, woodworking - you name it - it's there.  You can buy the materials online, too!

Search online for something to reward yourself after the first week quit using the money you have saved by quitting.  It's a good idea to keep this money separate from the deadly budget abyss so you can watch it grow and dream about what you can do with it as a reward.  Some folks have kept it in a jar and I think that's a GREAT idea.

Hang in there  - H#ll Week is almost over!

sweetplt

Hi Hon....there is so much to do ... ie., take a walk (I do it daily by myself and pray), clean house, do a puzzle, read a book, etc., now is time to keep busy ... it will keep you from being bored ... 

Day 6 is super...and honestly, your feelings are so normal, but accept them and tell yourself “YOU don’t do that anymore”...Gotcha in my Thoughts ... Colleen 301 DOF 

maryfreecig

Sounds like you are willing to stay strong one day at a time. Good for you. I know it isn't easy, but you've carved out 6 days of smobriety. Stay close and keep up the great work!!!

Barbscloud

Wow, you're such a winner at day four.  Don't sell yourself short--this may be the hardest thing you do in your life.  You're going to be so proud of yourself-trust me it's true!.  Keep moving; go for a walk;  do anything that takes your mind off of the negativity and onward to success.  I didn't experience much of physical withdrawal, mine was more emotional.  It can be  a rough ride, but well worth it.  So glad your reached out because that's what works.  Keep doing what you're doing--it's working.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Redhead101

Hi thanks I made it threw the day didn't  smoke I end up taken a walk it helped ,then came hm took a short nap ,thanks everyone for yall support again!!!!!

sweetplt

Good Job Redhead101 another day won...

PrimeNumberJD

Way to go Red! You're going to make hell week your (insert mild expletive here)! That smell thing, it gets easier. It is nice that your son is being supportive! I always found the better smelling as a double edge sword... you smell good stuff better, but you smell bad stuff better too. The subtle smell of fresh cut grass is so awesome! I can't wait for spring just to smell everything in bloom. 

Great job, keep it up and keep the Sexy Exers close! 

Mward90

You are doing an AMAZING JOB!  Keep up the great work!  You got this!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

That's great.  Keep it going!

Barb

0 Kudos