cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angel01madrid

I Need Help !!

My quit day is Oct 8th, 2019. Just reading these posts make me want to smoke. My day is almost here and I have to do this. I must do this. My life means a lot to me. God is not finished with me yet. I don't have anything great to say and I don't know how to help anyone because I can't help myself. I have health issue's and I need to quit now. I need to quit for those who love me and for those whom I could be helping If I did not smoke. I want to be a leader and not a follower.

I wish this country would just ban cigarettes. Or maybe even charge $25.00 a pack. I bet that would stop a lot of us and use that money to pay for health care. I am getting ready for Quit day, like a soldier at war. Except the war is with me.

Tags (2)
25 Replies
Barbara145

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.  You can do this. I think the thought of quitting made us all want to smoke.  That is normal.

angel01madrid

Thank you so much for your support.

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to the EX community.  You have come to the right place for support.  Just like any other drug if you are an addict it does not matter how much cigarettes will cost you will get them.  The only difference is sickerettes are legal.

Quitting is doable.  So many of us have.   Make quitting smoking your number one priority .Make up your mind that you are willing to do whatever is necessary never to touch another cigarette.  Quitting requires relearning your behavior and thinking.  You have to reprogram your brain to remove the brainwashing that you need to smoke. With that comes a commitment to do the work.  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX Find other things to do.101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept Not one puff ever. Be have to be willing to do the work. It is not by will power but your willingness to do this. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get the info that was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom

From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help

angel01madrid

All this support has really shocked me. I no longer feel alone. Thank you so much.

MarilynH

Welcome to the community please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT it's absolutely Doable and totally worth it to be Free you can and will be successful in your upcoming quit believe it deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can you can turn your DAY ONE INTO DAY WON with many more to come believe it......

Sootie

You ARE helping yourself by making the decision to quit.

You ARE already helping others because you have no idea who is reading here and is in the same place as you and grateful for the company.

You CAN do this....we all did and we are no different than you. We will be here every step of the way to help you. Your job is JUST DO NOT SMOKE. Go one day at a time...one minute at a time....whatever it takes. Do anything to divert yourself from smoking. Time will take care of the rest. Do not be afraid.....you are making one of the best decisions you will ever make in your life.

Welcome to EX....we are all here for each other.

angel01madrid

Thank you so much, it means a lot.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Your at the right place, I could have exactly stated what your post said. I feel the same. 

I want to encourage you now. I was saying everything you said 5 years ago, so see...its possible t quit and stay quit.

i am glad you're here. Stay near the site and read read read and read some more. 

Looking forward to seeing your journey spread its wings and fly

0 Kudos