cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mavihoja

A Call OUT FROM MICHAEL

Hey gang, this is Michael...(Mavihoja).  It appears as though I've missed something.  I can't find the circle for October.  You know, the one where we say something like this:

Thanks, Whomever, for your hand.  with this hand I pledge to not smoke today, or N.O.P.E.  I now reach out my other hand for the next well meaning pledger?

What did I miss?  all I get is a bucket load of game day participants, which I personally find a bit wanting as far as the seriousness of this disease.  Don't mean to throw mud here, I just REALLY miss effect of the DAILY pledge.  So, I managed to imbed it right here so I can feel complete for today!!!  Comments welcome...I love being a non-smoker with this family...

Blessings,

Michael

104DOF!!!!!!

12 Replies
Giulia

Hey Michael - it's called the Daily Pledge‌ And you always get to it from the Home page (see below).  But here's the link to the September Pledge:  The Daily Pledge - October 2019 

From the HOME page, you can also Read the Latest Updates and it won't be just all games. Likewise you can click on Conversations.  The games are a good way to get through cravings and experience a little camaraderie in the process.

0 Kudos
Mavihoja

Thanks you SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to knowing you better!!!

Michael

0 Kudos
marciem

Hi there, Michael!! Welcome, or welcome back, whichever works best!   .  I see Giulia has led you to the pledge page for this month, so you're good on that.

If you don't care for the games (they can be really beneficial to new quitters and elders alike, to keep the mind working and off cigarettes or smoking, plus making friends along the way)... if you want to avoid seeing most of them, I've found that this link takes me to most of the more serious conversations about this disease called addiction that we share:

EX Content   Use that as your bookmark to get here, and you'll see a lot of the blogs and conversations going on.  Or there's this, which is the most recent updates  Latest updates .

No matter where you start, be sure to check in every day and of course make your pledge and offer your hand to the next quitter!  Best to you on this journey you're taking  

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 104 DOF

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS 104 DAYS - WAY TO GO - Yahoooooooooo - so glad YOU found - daily pledge - GOOD JOB - gentle hug  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad you got back on track with the pledge.

Barb

0 Kudos
angel01madrid

I can't figure out how to do anything on here, but I wish everyone the best. My quit date is Oct 8th so pray for me.

My time is almost here and I have to do this. I will do this!!! If someone needs a hand, I am reaching mine out with love.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Check out this Community Help link:  Community Help   And let us know what your questions are.  Perhaps we can help steer you around the place.  angel01madrid‌  Or send me a PM and I'll do what I can to assist.  (Hover over my G and click on message)

0 Kudos
Bellegirl

Hi-  Haha! I can't quite figure it out either. My quit day was yesterday (Sun 10/6/2019) I'm doing okay. Today and tomorrow are the real test. I'm going to try to imagin that it is a real test  maybe it will help me to utilize my willpower and not conveniently forget I have an endless supply at my disposal. Just think of it...if we make it, we won't have that crazy noose around our neck.

Anyway, here we go. We get to it. Work at it. It's a process. It's life. We CAN do this! 

Thanks for letting me pep talk through this.