cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

shilde0048

PANIC ATTACKS

I POUT THE 14MG PATCH ON THIS MORNING AND WITH IN AN HOUR I HAD AN HORRIBLE PANIC ATTACKS

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.. ANY SUGGESTIONS  IM SMOKING 10-15 CIGS MOSTLY 10.###

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

My guess is you are using one with 21 mg and it might be too strong.  Perhaps try one with a lower nicotine mg? Each cigarette contains about 1 mg. of nicotine, so if you are only smoking 10-15 a day, I would think that is the problem.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

These people are experts on patches so you should listen to them.  I used the patch before, but not this time.

Barb

0 Kudos

Have you had panic attacks before this?

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

How do you know it was a panic attack if you have never had one before? Could it be you are getting too much nicotine. if you are using the patch and still smoking. 
PATCH:
STEP 1: 21 mg patch transdermally once a day
STEP 2: 14 mg patch transdermally once a day
STEP 3: 7 mg patch transdermally once a day

More than 10 cigarettes/day:
-Step 1 for 4 weeks, then step 2 for 2 weeks, and finally step 3 for 2 weeks

10 cigarettes/day or less:
-Step 2 for 6 weeks, then step 3 for 2 weeks

Comments:
-The patch should be applied to dry, clean, hairless area every 24 hours.
-When applying a new patch, open the pouch and remove the backing, then apply to the skin and hold the patch to the skin for 10 seconds. The pouch should be saved for later use. Patients should wash their hands after applying or removing the patch.
-When removing a used patch, the sticky ends should be folded together, placed in the pouch, and properly discarded.
-Patients should be instructed to move patch sites every day.
-Tell patients to avoid using more than 1 patch at a time. Patients should not cut the patch into smaller pieces.
-Patches may contain metal, which could result in burns in patients undergoing MRI procedures.
-Do not use a patch for more than 24 hours.
-Patients who experience vivid dreams may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new patch in the morning. 

sweetplt

How are you doing ? Let us know...we are here to help...

0 Kudos