cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Exvape

Quitting Vaping

I had quit smoking and started vaping....and now my vaping is out of control. Anyway I am determined to quit but I know I’ll need support. I actually thought vaping is better than cigs, but the problem is I ended up vaping all day especially when I’m stressed at work. Because vaping doesn’t smell I can vape all day at my desk and no one will notice. Anyway I’m here because I want to stop and need help. I don’t miss smoking at all, but those e-cigs have their hooks in me! Anyway today is day 1. Any thoughts would be most appreciated 

8 Replies
melissahend

Hi! Day two of quitting vaping. Using nicotine lozenges and so far so good. It seems that because vaping is so much easier to do that it's harder to quit. This site is amazing with tons of support and answers. Check in often, it helps! 

Exvape

I am very excited about quitting and I’m super excited about the support at

this site!

Thanks!

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM melissahenderson <

elvan

Congratulations on your very wise decision and on your quit.  You absolutely do not have to do this alone.  Nicotine is a powerful drug and recovery is one day at a time so your quit is a journey and not an event.  There will be many things that you will need to learn to handle without nicotine.  It stuffs feelings and when we stop feeding it to ourselves, all feelings SEEM much more intense.  Just take things one at a time and know that it will get easier.  No one really NEEDS nicotine, we all need to deal with life on life's terms.  We have good days and bad days with or without nicotine.  You can do this, we all want you to succeed.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s Exvape 

I am glad you decided to quit smoking/vaping/ecig...Unfortunately, we replaced one addiction with another ... the worse is with vaping ... it seems it can be done many places more than smoking cigarettes.  Nuff on that subject...you want to quit...go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and set a quit date...prepare for that day like no other...and read about triggers, craves and urges and you will have to decide on what you will do inplace of vaping/smoking, etc., here is a list to get you started /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke?sr=search&searchId=bda2... 

Keep close to the support site to encourage others in their journey and to get the support you need.  We are all addicts and in this journey together....now get working...~ Colleen 299 DOF 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am entering this information again. Welcome to EX you have come to the right place for support to quit smoking/vaping.  It is all a nicotine addiction, just a different device.  I would start at the education of nicotine addiction and making a plan of how you are going to about it.  Whether you are going cold turkey or use NRT's Nicotine Replacement Therapy. If you go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  review the videos and track when and why you vape.  Just replace the word smoking with vaping.  Also, you can follow this linkQuitting E-cigarettes | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX is more specific.  I also researched other websites for info www.whyquit.com was one of them. Read Nicotine 101 and Journey to Freedom.  There are EXcellent articles to read.  If you have questions you can use the magnifying glass top right corner and enter a key word to research. Community Help  is the link to help find your way around the site. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/08/11/foundation-for-a-successful-qui...

0 Kudos
cstoppa01

How’s it going? I’ve made it 24 hours and I’m afraid I cannot make it much longer. I’m struggling because it’s almost lunch time and I usually went and bought more pods on my lunch. I used Smokefree123 hypnosis yesterday! Threw away all my things right afterwards. She has 7 days of support but right now my nicotine monster is roaring!! 

0 Kudos
Exvape

Read Alan Carr’s book - it’s helping me big time this week! If I can get

they yesterday I can get through anything—-you can too! The urge will

pass! Do some deep breathing...read lots of posts. I was close to diving

back into vapes yesterday —-and thank God and thank this site and thank

Alan Carr’s book.

Best of luck.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM cstoppa01 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your first day.   If you can go for a walk instead.   Keeping moving really helps.  Have you planned for these times?  Deep breathes, cold water, for me -- chewing on straws and sour candy.   It's important to develop new associations--walk instead of buying pods at lunch time.    It's one day at a time and you'll feel the success when you've celebrated one day.  Reach out if you need support.

Barb