cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

More Prayers

We were leaving to go out of town Monday.  When we started to feed the cats before we left and our oldest, Snowball  (14 years) was acting sickly.  He was laying on the floor and wouldn't get up, didn't want food or drink, not even his favorite treats.  He was breathing really fast and his feet were cold. He was fine Sunday. We rushed him to the vet.  He had a fever of 106.5. Cats normally run 100 to 101 degrees. His white blood cell count was really low too and they started giving IV fluids and antibiotics.  They kept him overnight to at least try to stabilize him.  

Unfortunately we had no choice but to go on our short trip because the hotel and concert tickets are already paid for so we left town. I couldn't afford to just walk away.  We got an update Monday night that he was doing better, eating baby food and drinking. He died in the night while we were in SC . 

Anyone with animals knows that pets are like our children and losing them is almost as hard.  He had a fantastic life and we're glad he didn't suffer.  He will be greatly missed.  I will post pictures after I download some from my husband's computer.

crying emoticon.png

Coming home today was very emotional.

20 Replies
nevergiveup

So sorry, minihorses. Hugs.

YoungAtHeart

My sympathies on your loss.   I would post a link to "Rainbow Bridge" for you, but I can't go near it without bawling over all the animal children I have lost over the years.

He will live on in your hearts - always

Nancy

minihorses

I hear you, we've lost many but they all lived, full happy lives. I had forgotten about Rainbow Bridge. I will go out there a bit after the sting lessen's.

0 Kudos
indingrl

I am so sorry Julie and you have MY deepest EMPATHY I still miss MY cat - prayers lifted for YOU MY beloved sister - gentle hug

sweetplt

(((((Julie))))) I have been there...and Oh I hate this for you...I am so sorry...you have my prayers....losing an animal is so rough...each one is so unique....and its like losing a part of ourselves...Take care of YOU...((((Cyber hugs)))) Colleen 

PrimeNumberJD

So sorry, I can empathize! 

elvan

Oh Julie, I am so sorry.  At least he was doing better and eating some baby food...it was just "time."  I know that doesn't make it any easier, I have lost so many pets over the years and I still miss each one of them, it just isn't QUITE as painful as it was at first.  I am thinking of you and your family and saying prayers for all of you and for Snowball to RIP.

Ellen

Strudel

Oh....I am so very sorry. I know how very difficult this is. I am sure Snowball had a very special life with you. Please take care! 

MarilynH

I'm so sorry Julie love hugs coming your way sweetie. ♥