cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redhead101

My experience build a before my quit date

My quit day coming  up matter fact it's tommarow  I'm scared I might can't do  it ,,I know I can but let me tell you ,I had went to the store well I was out of smokes gone a little to long i was wanting a cig like really bad my feeling  I got was so angry  without  none ,I couldn't  think clearly, I really hate having  this addiction  over me ,any suggestions on handling any of that?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Redhead101 

Did you do the readings told to you? Have you prepared? Then embrace tomorrow instead of fear...infact, read this great blog from Annette...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2018/08/25/fear?sr=search&searchId=2ecf6a57... 

Remember, “one day at a time”...Make Day 1 Day Won.   It is hard work, but so doable.  Colleen 195 DOF 

Redhead101

I read it just now  than you , I really like all these post and blogs, I really think I can do it or should  I'd say am going to ,

maryfreecig

If you know you can do this, than hang your heart, brain, soul, willingness on that. Who cares about the anger--it will pass. If you let yourself off the hook because you can't stand the unhappy feelings than you will be teaching yourself to let yourself off the hook rather than quit. Teach yourself to make it through. And stick with ex. Keep reading, keep learning, keep blogging. We are going to be here for you every day.

Redhead101

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

It's all about making the decision and sticking to it.  You have decided not to smoke another cigarette NO MATTER WHAT.  Once that decision is made, don't entertain thoughts of smoking EVER AGAIN!  It's just something you used to do.

Stay busy...stay close to the site and read and read some more.

It isn't easy in the early days - we all know that - BUT  the elders here got through it and survived.  You can, too!

Instead of thinking about smoking tomorrow, think about what else you can do until the thought passes.  Slow , deep breaths work, a sip of cold water works, doing a few jumping jacks or going for a quick walk works.  Get through the early days the best way you can....it may be an hour (or a minute) at a time in the beginning - but you can do it!

Can't wait to celebrate Day WON with you tomorrow night. 

Be sure to wet and toss any cigarettes in your possession after you smoke your last one.  Keeping any around is just giving yourself permission to fail!

Let's DO this thing!

Nancy

PrimeNumberJD

Well, this is it, the last supper! Tomorrow, you will begin your journey towards becoming a non smoker. This journey, like a journeys, begins with a single step. Clean out and throw away all your smoking items! Do not but any, do not bum any, Not One Puff Ever (NOPE)!

Like all journeys, there will be hills and valleys, but the road leads to the same place as long as you stick to it! If you hit a point where you feel you will fail, then come to the Ex and post BEFORE you smoke. Then wait for a reply BEFORE you give in. In that moment, you will find that your urge will subside before you are done writing.

Happy trails, we will see you on this side of your quit!