Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

9/23/19 Celebrations

We challenge you to respond! Reply by Email or login and comment with your Days of Freedom. Let's show the world that we've overcome or will overcome and not let nicotine win. 

It appears that you've reached the milestones listed below based on the quit date that is appearing on the site. Please login and say hello!

Congrats on your progress if the date is correct. If it isn't, read below for directions on how to get your quit date updated! This is a judgment-free zone. It's important to quit and we're here for you!

Susan24‌ 10 years!

elims-09-14-13 2200 days!

saw2w‌ 6 years!

meme21‌ 5.5 years!

marcelo‌ 4 years!

Reality_Chic66‌ 1400 days!

anglife41 bernerk LoisinVa sunnygirl123 2.5 years!
denvertex and KKismet 800 days!

Lynnie59 and POTIL4 2 years!

Mariguz15 600 days!

77280093CK and noknowing 500 days!
and810 Brown112 Cryan2576 Jla61 stephenieED StephMtz30 400 days!

Bootman10 comansmom2 and txdreamgirl281 1 year!

kirkschultz missellen 300 days!

Alliepertile dhoward24 ethanlwelch lbk475 LisaScalise MalloryJo33 Mrj phyllisamuso StephensL Stophelp Teena51172 and VAPEASDEADLY 200 days!

Agilmore1964 bunnielj64 LesaWeesa Sek4110 sgadkari and treeey.n 6 months.

amywilson075 charcharlovesondre DeniseZ gailbillups hillaryshea jfhoward85 Kboley51 sirrilda72 Soon2bEx19 and twalker94 150 days
Dmlatham Evey44 jennyrdh kitty0101 MistyTrenshaw MomOf3GrandmaOf3 Quitpass19 ritamae sharondaburnside33 slwc viper1154 and wndmendez28 100 days! Welcome to the Triple Digit Quitters Club!

aebrou32 cocobeans1967 dannyboi34 Dasl6510 Edna253 elynch23 Jblast12 jdalporto joella LisaJWing llclisset mzdiva512 rannug SmokeyToby and WinoverCOPD 50 days! This is the first of many celebrations for you. Please come back every time we celebrate you and confirm your quit date.

acriscuo Ali890 arosenbe AshleySchro87 barb1962 Bbruba19 bonnieplus3 chanda713 chris789 Dallis10 dartanianmylove dberti22 Gemfly guitarman1956 heddimorel Jamendoza1984 jevys2629 ktaylor352 Ladypirate Kellnrick75 LEldredge McJagger Melindamanzanalez1 multitaskmama3 Nina1964 Deactivated user Sgonza24 sof_474 tish3899ballase Jakemp1982 kei37 Lodonnell21 today is your quit day! Congrats, if anyone has quit today and for starting your journey with us as well. Be sure to journal your experiences today with a personal blog(← Click to get started) so you can look back on it and reflect where you started. Tag the post "TheDayIQuit". This way others can see what they can possibly expect as they start their quit journey. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating with people like those mentioned above. To see more Quit Journeys for days 1 thru 100 click the link.

Mark

EX Community Manager

If I've gotten your quit date wrong, be sure to update it and then go through the steps to sync it to the community.

Please check your Community Profile to see if you've indicated how many cigarettes on average you smoked per day. Then go to the My Quit Stats tab in your profile to see how many cigarettes you have avoided or put the mouse over your username and then click the little "ex" button in the lower left of the hovercard pop-up.

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sweetplt

pastedImage_1.jpg To a Great Group...Enjoy your Freedom...You are Choosing Life...Celebrate....~ Colleen 294 DOF 

A special shout out to meme21 with 5 1/2 years Free, VAPEASDEADLY with 200 days Free...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats to all celebrating milestones.  Special shout out to:

noknowing  with 500 days

missellen with 300 days

VAPEASDEADLY with 200 days

Susan24

Yes, it's been 10 years since I smoked a cigarette.  Amazing from someone who thought they LOVED smoking and could never quit.  I remember my last cigarette - it was after the first time I commuted home from work (about an hour) without smoking a cigarette.   Smoking in the car was my heaven - I relished the fact that I could smoke in a judgement free, safe and comfortable place.  Not smoking on that drive was a HUGE accomplishment and it empowered me.  I got home and had dinner and ultimately went into the garage to smoke my last cigarette before bed.  That last cigarette was a maintenance cigarette - one I was convinced that I needed before bed.  It tasted nasty and I was consciously aware of the lingering smell on my breath.  I got up the next morning and postponed my usual morning cigarette for 5 minutes.  Five minutes came and went and I was encouraged by the fact that I was able to postpone, so I postponed another 5 minutes.   That's how I quit - in 5 minute increments the first day.  5 minutes became 10, 10 became 15 and before I knew it (obsessively thinking about smoking the entire time) I had my first smoke free day.  Unlike others, I could never imagine a life without smoking.  I could only imagine not smoking for a few minutes at a time.  I kept a pack of cigarettes in the house but asked my husband to hide them from me.   I could not commit to never smoking and I could never set a quit date, but I could commit to not smoking for a few minutes. For me, quitting smoking was a process - not an event.   I had slowly weaned smoking about 1.5 packs a day down to about 5 cigarettes a day (with the help of long term use of Chantix).   Each time I postponed, I learned more about my addiction and gained new insight and tools.  I used those tools on my first smoke free day and relied on them for the first few months.   

In the last 10 years, I lost both of my parents and my sister died unexpectedly.  The company I had worked with for 10 years shuttered their doors without notice and I lost my job.  I could have used any of these events as an excuse to start smoking again, but somehow I kept plodding through.  The first smoke free week was a miserable experience and I knew that I would have to go through it again if I picked up a cigarette.

I wish everyone here the best of luck.  I smoked for 31 years before I finally quit.  I don't miss the cough, the smell on my clothes, the social stigma, the obsession, worrying about what I was doing to my lungs and the absolutely insane expense.  I am a very grateful ex-smoker.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@susan24

Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
VAPEASDEADLY

Still Kicked!