cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mward90

Did anyone else experience nightmares during there quit?

I haven't slept good since I quit.  I am averaging about 4 hours per night.  At first I thought it was excitement or nerves about my quit.  As I read more material on this wonderful site I realized sleeplessness was a withdrawal symptom lasting about 2 weeks (everyone is different).  Now for the past 2 nights I have had horrible nightmares and woken up in a cold sweat.  Is this just another withdrawal symptom?  Would you say the 2 week estimation is accurate (for the most part)?

Tags (1)
28 Replies
Barbscloud

I forget.  Are you using any aids?   I know if the patch is worn at night, it can cause nightmares.

Mward90

No I am not using any aids.  Just sugar free (non nicotine) gum, cases of water, herbal teas, and mostly the wonderful help and advice you all give me, but no aids.

Barbscloud

I found an article that supports what your experiencing.  Vivid dreams when stopping smoking? Here's wh... - Quit Support   Rather interesting.

Barb

Mward90

Thank you!  That was exactly what I was looking for!!  I feel so much better now thank you!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Just as everyone is different, so is each quit an individual experience.  I do remember having nightmares - and do believe they were fairly early in my quit journey.  It may just be that, since we aren't sleeping as well, we tend to remember them because of the wakings throughout the night.

I don't remember if you are using Chantix or leaving the patch on at night - both of which can cause nightmares.  If not, then they are just another reminder how much nicotine hijacked your body and should reinforce your decision to break free from it

Hope tonight is better

Nancy

Mward90

Thank you!  I think I was just needing some reassurance that I wasn't the only one and that I will get past this.  I'm just using sugar free (non nicotine) gum, cases of water, herbal teas, and mostly the wonderful help and advice you all give me, but no aids.  If nothing else once I get past this stage I will never want to go through it again.

YoungAtHeart

And THAT is the secret to my quitting on my first try and never looking back.  I NEVER wanted to go through those early days again....so I haven't.

Whatever works!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some people call them smokemares (search) , smokemares (tags).  Click the links to see what others  have posted.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Mark,  aren't those dreams about smoking?

0 Kudos