Thovis

I'm feeling good

Discussion created by Thovis on Sep 22, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2019 by Beck37

Today is day 18 and I feel great.  I'm 53 years old and I started smoking when I was 13 or 14.  How in the world did I get here?  How did I smoke reds for 40 years and still be here to talk about it?  Smoking suddenly feels like a distant memory.  I haven't had a real withdrawal in over a week.  I'm having very few cravings and they're easy to kick aside.  I experienced insomnia for a bit, but I think that's gone now.  I definitely recommend "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking".  It's not a very well written book, but it makes so much sense.  Thanks everyone in this community.  Just reading other discussions and receiving encouragement is a great help.  I hope to be that person that inspires someone else and maybe help them get through the day.  I don't know why this time is different, but even my wife has noticed that I'm not experiencing mood swings and I'm more relaxed then I've been in years.  If I can give anyone out there advice it would be a very simple statement.  Quit smoking because you want to quit smoking.  Make it your decision.  I think I spent three months convincing myself of this before I smoked the last one.  I feel like this is the one thing I did that is making this quit successful. 

Cheers!

T

Outcomes