cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Amassingill

Getting past the anger

I quit on the 18th of August. I was so angry the whole month. And so depressed. I was just miserable. I couldn't stand to exist. I Vaped and the anger went away. I want to quit vaping for good and for all so badly, but I'm not angry now that I started again. I'm still a little depressed, but not as much. How am I going to get through this when I quit again? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbscloud

Withdrawal includes physical, emotional and psychological components.  For me the emotional was the most difficult.  What you describe is not abnormal, but you have to learn to cope with your emotions without nicotine.   It's not easy--it lasted a good while for me.   You could consider an aid to help in the beginning.  There's NRT over the counter and Welbturin or Chantix from your doctor.  I used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers.   This is a learning experience.  Read everything you can on this site about nicotine addiction.  Understanding what I was experiencing and what to expect really helped me a lot.  Create a quit plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   Preparation is the key to success.  And use this site for support.  It made such a difference for me this time to have this community behind me.  We're here for-you just need to reach out.  Believing you can do it important!

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

You can start by being an active part of this community because you have come to the right place to get support.  Here are a few quick tips https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/08/14/keep-it-simple?sr=search&s...‌  This should get you started.  Just replace the work smoking with vaping. 

0 Kudos
Barbara145

"The only way out is through."  We stuff our emotions when we smoke or vape.  There are lot of stuffed emotions deep inside of us.  Quitting smoking is difficult.  Learning to feel our feelings and learning to identify them and cope with them is a huge part of the journey.  I can tell you this, it is so worth the process.  Congrats on quitting smoking.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...you have received great advice above me...and work to prepare for quitting...Anger is a withdrawal symptom eventually it goes away, but if it doesn’t, I suggest you see a therapist...Donot let withdrawal symptoms be the reason you are not quitting...try and learn breathing techniques, meditation, etc., honestly you took the easy way out by going back to vaping...here is a great read from our Nancy Youngatheart ... https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2018/01/04/early-withdrawal-symptoms?sr=se... We are here to help you through this journey...use the support site to get help and to help others...now get working and quitting....in the end you will be so glad you quit...~ Colleen 291 DOF