cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bcakes

I'm trying my best

I've been nicotine free for 8 days now for the first time in 9 years, A friend asked me to smoke a cigarette with him one last time should I do it? I don't think I'm strong enough and might to let it be my last one.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Strudel

I’m not sure why no one has responded - perhaps you wrote this late? But - NO, do not ever think you can smoke “JUST ONE”! We have a saying around here - N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever! Congrats on your quit! 

marciem

I missed this too...

NO you don't want to smoke just one... you want them ALL.  So many many many MANY of us have lost ourselves to more years of nicotine addiction slavery because of that "just one" ... it is a lie, it will lure you in and trap you again.

So much easier to hold on to the quit you have (no matter how difficult it seems right now and in the moment) than it is to start a new one.  

8 days.

the nicotine was out of your system in 3.

You'd be a smoker again if you smoke.

Giulia

There's no such thing as "just one."  I hope you didn't smoke it.  THE EX ONE PUFF FILES

JACKIE1-25-15

NOPE not one puff ever.  You do not want to go backward.  Move forward.  8 days is great!

avian3

You can't be serious. It's an addiction. You are forever addicted to nicotine. You MUST never ever take another puff again.

Consider this.

You don't have to want to quit to quit

You can decide to quit.

Nothing to do with willpower.

More just accepting that you've quit.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Of course not.  You'll be starting all over again.  Why would you want to do that?   Big congrats on 8 days smoke free.

Barb

0 Kudos
Thovis

Tell your “friend” you already smoked that last one. Sorry but I don’t smoke anymore. 

0 Kudos