cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

How are you doing in your quit?

How is life in general going? How is life effecting your quit journey? If you're in your early days and weeks of quitting smoking then you may be struggling at times BUT please know that it's going to get easier and easier with time under your belt and it definitely gets better and better without the yuckies (cigarettes) deep breaths you will get through the rough patches and into that good in your quit where you realize how much better life is without the crutch and you'll smile at each and every Day WON...It takes time to relearn life without the smokes BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it...

855164960cfd68c08766458513b18796.jpg

Tags (1)
38 Replies
Barbscloud

Yes.  And please reach out for support if you need help.  Before you smoke/vape!

Barb

sweetplt

Doing great at 286 Days...I had a bit of a thing yesterday...my dad who has Alzheimer’s was very agitated so the nursing home called last night so I could talk to him...of course that isn’t the easiest when nothing makes sense...I got of the phone and didn’t think about smoking...I teared up and prayed to God...that he would envelope my dad with his arms and calm him down...yes dealing with life on life’s terms better this way then smoking...~ Happy Sunday ~ Colleen 

Barbscloud

Colleen, that is so difficult.  My mother had dementia and that could be difficult, but not the same.  Even though she didn't remember much near the end (she's was 97), she still recognized me.  I spent a lot of time with the Alzheimer's patient in the last home she was in, so I feel very fortunate that we still had some connection.  Hugs go out to you.

Barb

MarilynH

Huge hug coming your way Barb♥

sweetplt

Thank you so much Barb...Barbscloud nurse told me he is always anxious the days my mom doesn’t come to see him...and she needs a break...today I was going to send Neil to be with him...but my cousins are visiting him...and he can only take so much....honestly, this is the third time we are going through Alzheimer’s ...my father in law had it bad and so did mother in law the last year of her life...I think I am prepared and sometimes I am not...been thinking about a lot of good memories with my dad Barb...I am truly blessed I had one of the good one’s...Thank you for the cyber hugs and concern ... it means a lot...Colleen

MarilynH

Huge hug ♥

jonimarie

A long slow road with Alzheimer’s. Prayers for your family 

MarilynH

Caring hugs ♥

sweetplt

Thank you jonimarie so true, it’s like a long goodbye