cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smashlemmons

Quit day - tomorrow 9-16

My official quit day is tomorrow. 9-16-19. I’ve been planning for two weeks. 

I starting smoking at 18 and smoked a pack a day until I was 32. I quit by switching to e-cigs (what they were called before vape)! I’m ready to quit nicotine forever. I’m prepared. I’m scared. I’m excited. I’m anxious. I’m here for support.

I welcome ALL supportive thoughts and ideas. I’ve made my list of reasons to quit. I’ve made a rewards calendar. I have a long list of things I can do instead. And I’m still scared because I know it’s going to be harder than I can prepare for. Send the positive vibes! 

Tags (1)
26 Replies
AnnetteMM

That's today! I don't know how we all missed your post yesterday. How are you doing? Have you been reading up on all the Elder blogs here?  Like https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2018/01/04/early-withdrawal-symptoms?sr=se... for instance?

smashlemmons

Thanks! I’ve made it so far! I felt

fully ready for the the emotional/psychological side but I highly underestimated the physical withdrawal symptoms. Phew. Thanks for that link. The shakiness and trouble concentrating is really getting to me. Also feeling dizzy and just generally off. I keep reminding myself that I never have to go through this hour again. Trying deep breathing and changing my routine. Have all kinds of stress-objects. Thanks for the support!!!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and big congrats on your quit today.  Have you been educating yourself about nicotine addiction and created as quit plan   My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   I've never vaped, but we're all nicotine addicts.  We're here to support you on your journey.   Just reach out if you need help.

Barb

smashlemmons

Thanks barb! I have a quit plan and have stuck to it so far! Hating the physical symptoms. 

Some things I read say the first 72 hours is worst. Other say the worst starts at day 3. Any ideas on that? 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Even though it may not be totally over, it seems the consensus is that the first 3 days are rough eliminating nicotine for your system.  But never lose sight of the fact that it is a journey with different challenges along the way.  These physical symptoms your are experiencing are common and then you'll be through to the other side.  Stay close and reach out if you need support.  That's what we're here for.  You're right about that-why would you want to go through this again!

Barb

maryfreecig

Hang in there. You can get this done one day at a time.

indingrl

Yahoooooooooo celebrating YOU CHOOSING YOUR OWN NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE- CONGRATS and GOOD JOB

Court2Knee

I’m rooting for you! Great decision you made for yourself! Make sure to stay physically active. It keeps your mind off things and helps you go to sleep faster and earlier. Instead of reaching for your vape reach for cinnamon gum, mints, menthol cough drop, toothpicks, straws, a stress ball, anything really! These things have helped me.