cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sarahsmile

Ex-vapers--what are your recommendations?

I'm ready to quit vaping and I want to know if anyone has any recommendations that could help me. I'm 25, I smoked cigarettes from age 17-24, then switched to juuling this year. I considered it better than smoking, which I shouldn't have, and I now realize just how dangerous it is. The worst part is that juuling is so much easier than smoking ever was. No scent, don't need to go outside, etc. But with the vaping illnesses becoming increasingly worrisome in the news, I can't do it anymore. 

Was there anything in particular that helped you quit juuling?

#quit vaping#juul

Tags (2)
20 Replies
indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS CHOOSING life and NOT death -  WAY TO GO -  there is a list of 100 things to DO than suck on death - hmmmmmm what is the name of that blog -  100 things to do instead of sucking on death - I think - SUGGESTED reading all info here to get YOUR PERSONAL tools to not die one day at a TIME because YOU ARE WORTH IT!

sarahsmile

This honestly feels indescribable to hear!!! Thank you!! I don't know any ex-smokers, and I am so desperate for a community that knows what I'm going through. I really can't express how much I appreciate this! Joined this site only a bit ago, and it's already the best decision I've made in a long time.

JACKIE1-25-15

Many of us used are cigarette smokers but don't let that discourage you. We are getting more and more vapers here. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2019/09/08/how-to-quit-juul-or-vaping-in-ge...‌ is a recent blog that may help you.  However, addiction is addiction, no matter what device you are using. 

sarahsmile

That's so helpful! Thank you so much for sharing! 

0 Kudos
sarahsmile

I definitely wish I'd found this site before I switched to vaping because I want more than anything to quit nicotine altogether. Thanks for the link!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  I have never vaped, but we have many new vaper's trying to quit so hopefully they'll reach out to you.  We do share a nicotine addiction.   It's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   Here's another website in conjunction with the Ex  for younger vaper's trying to quit https://truthinitiative.org/our-top-issues/vaping-issue    Pick a quit date and begin your journey.  We're here to support you.

Barb

sarahsmile

Your support honestly means the world! I have no support system outside of this website, so it's so amazing that everyone has been so kind and welcoming. I wish I'd never gotten hooked on nicotine in the first place, but I'm so glad I have people who are or were in my position. My quit date is the end of this month (per my doctor's suggestion, since he doesn't think I should quit cold turkey), and right now, all I want is to be free.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I'm glad you found us.  I didn't have much support outside of this site either. I just celebrated 1.5 years and know I couldn't have done it without these wonderful people.   Many quitters here have bee successful using an aid--I used two aids -Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers. Spend time on this site as your quit date approaches.   We'll be here to celebrate your day with you.

Barb

maryfreecig

I decided not to vape when I quit in 2013--but I considered it. For the first few weeks of my quit I had unopened vaping stuff on hand. Truth is, that it's the nicotine. And while sharing experiences about vaping might be helpful for you, realizing that it is the nicotine above all else that is your addiction, might help you to accept that all Exers are here to help you. 

Check out Annette's page and blogs for the experience and thoughts of a former--ur--vaper? 

Yes you can, one day at a time.