cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Newbie Roll Call

Okay, Newbies, I am checking to see how you are doing and if you need any additional help.  Give us a shout out and let us know.  If you are new in the last two weeks and I missed your name I apologize, let me know. If you are active just say Present. lol We would love to get to know you better and help you as much as we can. If you are having any problems you can comment here and we will be more than happy to help you. If you haven't set a date yet just stay close, read study and ask questions. You can do it. NOPE

M0M

aduckworthcps

Dorothyjack53‌ (9-30)

Xyerah

Marijon143‌ (9-4)

tevans0919‌ ( 9-10)

Amlatt

Stacey1266

Ewilly

jadetategarrus3131

JQuinlan

Please feel free to comment. This is something new that I am attempting so we do not lose you.  Thanks for your help. 

Tags (1)
18 Replies
aduckworthcps

Good morning, thanks for the check in.  Things are going well, however I am still struggling with the morning smoking.  I have cut down greatly during the day and evening, BUT that first morning smoke, then the cup of coffee smoke is proving to be difficult for me.  Will continue to change up the routine, and try to break the first morning smoke habit!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for checking in.  I understand the morning cigarette can be hard. I tapered off of the coffee for a few days in order to get my quit going.  Then when I started drinking coffee again I drank it in a different place where I normally did not smoke.  I also held my coffee cup with both hands. It was a joy to find out that coffee tasted so much better without the cigarette.  I had really been missing out on the true flavor of the coffee.  Work it. It worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah yes, that morning cup of triggers.  Remember it well.  I drank tea the first week of my quit.  Strong green tea at that.  Helped curb my appetite and cravings.  Keep working it!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

My cigarette/s came in the middle of the night. My pack was on my bedstand. I usually had two cigarettes before falling back to sleep. Up from bed--cigarette was all but in hand. That is all in the past for me--just know that quitting is doable--stick with Ex, stick with your goal to quit one day at a time,aduckworthcps.

Xyerah

Good Evening everyone! 

Tomorrow (Friday) at 5 pm will actually be my full week, 7 days of no smoking anything and  let me tell you, I am one SMANGRY person the last 3 days! Nothing is curbing this feeling and it’s so bad I’m shaking all the time. I’m drinking water, I’m exercising, I’m cleaning, I’m eating candy, the only thing I’m not doing is vaping and sweet baby cheeses I want my vape back. I am very thankful I gave it to my husband, even though I could set up my other one, I won’t do it. I just need to get over this, I’m so sick of candy right now! I’m actually chewing on the dental sword flossers, whatever they are called. I am chewing on them to pass the time when I have a craving. I drink a full glass of water and chew on that, I’ve also lost my appetite somewhat, food just doesn’t sound or taste appealing so I’m not eating much either and it doesn’t bother me. I’ve been intermittent fasting for the last month so I’m used to only eating at certain times, but I’m not even hungry then.

anyway, other than those issues, things are ok. Hubs is very supportive, I’ve got a pretty good support system in place and I feel very lucky for that. I do have a trip coming up in 2 weeks. Mom and I are going to a Supernatural Convention and I’m used to smoking at those, plus mom is a chain smoker like crazy. That will be a huge test and I will need to figure out what I can bring with me to help with cravings and mental state. (Mine) lol

Sorry, this is another problem, I’m all over the spectrum. Lmao it’s talking about a subject then...SQUIRREL.....lol 

Have a great night....good luck everyone...I leave you with strength, peace, and an abundance of love

Xyerah aka LA

indingrl

YOUR doing so GOOD - SUGGESTIONS given to ME in early RECOVERY - Try a lemon wedges - just sucking on them - good vitamin C and keeps alkaline in YOUR body balanced  and CINNAMON on apple slices or on apple sauce - cinnamon helps clean toxins out of blood naturally - gentle hug

Barbscloud

Big congrats on your first smoke free week.  You sound very confident with your quit.  Definitely make plans for that trip!

Barb

Giulia

Just love that SMANGRY word!   Kudos on the...

Get yourself a Reality Object. /blogs/Giulia-blog/2013/09/10/how-precious-is-your-quit   Maybe some Greek worry beads to flip through your fingers?    Orange worry beads (KOMBOLOI) - YouTube 

Or

Maybe learn some magic tricks?  19 SURPRISING MAGIC TRICKS - YouTube 

JACKIE1-25-15

You have made it through Hell WeekKeep it Going.  You can do this.