cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ZylaRose

5 days?

I am supposed to quit vaping in 5 days. I am nervous and get a pit in my stomach when ai think about it.

I am scared! What If I fail like the other times?

I havent had a support group like this in the past.

My mom recently died of lung and liver cancer.

There is HUGE motivation,  but the grief Ive been going through makes it feel harder..

Maybe I can just merge the pain and uncomfortability of quitting into one?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sootie

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom recently and I know how empty that feels. You really can do this...no need to be scared. It is difficult but not impossible as many would have you believe. Read everything you can on addiction.....you need to "know the enemy" before you can beat them! If quitting seems scary....just think how scary the health problems can be. Come to this site often....there is tremendous support here that will really help.

Welcome to EX.....we are all here for each other.

GyorgyiM

Tell you a secret................

Did you know...............?

That you CAN do absolutely ANYTHING that YOU make up your mind to do?

The secret?.............

Make a .............."decision".

We will ALL help you follow a path to Health, Happiness and a new respect for Life.......should you choose to be free from vaping..

Miles of Smiles.

Gyorgyi

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  I have to agree that first day is the hardest, but once you take that first step you can do it.  I needed to eliminate the fear of not smoking again  forever.   By realizing it's a choice and I can smoke again if I chose to got me through one day a time.  Then you realize you can do it because tomorrow now becomes a new one day at time and so on and so on.  As others have said it's so important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and prepare a quit plan so when that day arrives, you're ready.  We're here to support you on your journey;  just reach out.

Barb

0 Kudos
Giulia

We've all been in your shoes.  That nervous pit in the stomach.  You know how to get rid of it?  Education.  The more you read on here about the journey ahead, the less surprises you'll have and the better able you will be to deal with them.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned?sr=search&searchId=5423b4f5-ee...‌  Change is scary, we know that.  What we don't know is how fantastic the change is before it happens.  It's important to work on getting our head in the right place.  And that right place is thinking in a positive way.  We often create our experience by how we think about it.  If we think it's going to be a mountain, we will experience the mountain.  But if we think, "Piece of cake!"  It will be more like a molehill.  As you read through the blogs and materials on here you'll understand more about what I'm speaking.  Chin up and have heart.  And I'm really sorry about your mom.  I know what that feels like.  A piece of our heart breaks off.  

0 Kudos