cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ihatemyjuul

Has anyone here successfully quit using a Juul/vape for a long period of time?

Jump to solution

I’m really trying to quit and seeing others who have been successful could really help. Everyone around me still had one and uses it on a daily basis so I don’t really have an example of anyone who has quit.

1 Solution
7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I have never used Juul.  Since the latest deaths, a lot of people are coming here for advice. 

Quitting e-cigarettes? Learn specific methods to stop vaping using EX tools and Community support:

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  I've never vaped, but we're both nicotine addicts.  Read what's on this site about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   This, and the support here, is the key to success.

Barb

elvan

Addiction to nicotine is just that, addiction and quitting is not an event, it is a one day at a time journey.  It does get easier but the beginning can really be a challenge.  I don't know how many people have long term quits involving vaping or JUUL because I don't know how long they have been around.  I do know that it is terrifying and unconscionable to addict a whole new generation to this powerful drug.  Read everything you can find about nicotine addiction, stay close to this site and reach out when you need help.  We are ALL in recovery and we will support you in any way that we can.  This addiction, like any addiction, stunts your emotional growth and that makes it MUCH harder to deal with life.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

constanceclum

it's really about quitting and addiction to nicotine no matter how it's absorbed. Think of AA & NA-it doesn't matter if it's beer, whiskey or crack cocaine-tens of thousands of people around the world quit everyday.. This site makes it a lot of easier.

Connie

Amlatt

HI - I was a heavy vaper for many years and quit cold turkey on September 4th, so I am 15 DOF, and I promise it gets easier every day, but stay connected to this community and you can do this. I am definitely finding that varying my routine really helps and telling any one I know who vapes that I quit helps, but also avoiding them really helps. But it is your mind your decision your body: All I do know to be true is ...if I can do this, then you can do this. I hated my vaping also. I am so proud of myself to make it to 15 days, the cravings are less often but still there, and it is doable - when it is real bad, I just take 5 minutes at a time.....sing loudly, dance, walk around outside, count different colors I see in the room I am in, count how many things I can hear, just anything really simple to get my mind off the craving, I also snack out more now (not good but well I am a recovering nicotine addict so there it is), and then I visit this website every day and read read read and pledge and contribute......so important to have a community of people that support you. DO IT: QUIT VAPING!, you will never regret this decision. 

Ginny 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 15 days.   There's something to be proud of.

Barb

0 Kudos