cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Help

I have started a discussion in an effort to help the newbies more. Newbie Roll Call  I need your assistance in supporting them also.  Yes, I know that most of you do that already, but some newbies may not feel comfortable writing a blog. I am hoping this is can be a special spot that they can address specifically what is going on with them or make a comment until they are more comfortable blogging, etc.  I need your feedback if you are EXperiencing, Have EXperienced and Have the wisdom to give needed support this discussion comes up.  Please feel free to give your input.  Thanks for your support in advance.  Paying it forward.  Feedback on this idea is welcome. 

22 Replies
Barbscloud

Jackie, I having a difficult time keeping track of all the new people.   And some respond within another new person's post.  When they don't create their own post, I'm not sure who's who.  Maybe this will work?

Barb

sweetplt

Like Barb ... I find the same thing...I try to check up on people, but sometimes they never even respond to our responses...well I am sure you don’t want me in this blog Jackie because I am a newbie too...please consider me to help when I am exer elder...lol...Happy Thursday...~ Colleen 283 DOF 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You are not a newbie.  You are a tween lol. Experience and wisdom  counts. You have both. 

Giulia

Well, I don't know.  Mark has his daily Newbie lists, so isn't it kind of a dupe?  Anyway, I'll jump in there and try to help when I can.  The other day there were 40 new members, for example.  Kind of overwhelming.  Love the idea of getting them more connected with the group.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for your feedback.  No this is not a duplicate list. Not quite the same.  Mark has every new person that has signed up. Maybe it was just me though.  I have been keeping track of those who have engaged. via comments, status updates, discussions, and or questions. (places where they may get lost in the shuffle due to other activity on the conversation board).  I have been trying to respond and find out how they are doing. It is working to a degree but I  need help in keeping the engagement.  Everybody that signs up is not going to quit.  If you compare my list to Mark's newbie daily list mine is far smaller.  This is an optional request, no one is required to help.  If one can help, fine.  If you notice the help is dwindling.lol

Giulia

Tweeny.  A new EX word!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Giulia and JACKIE1-25-15 It is overwhelming...the other day I wanted to go to bed and there were newbies that didn’t have one response...I stayed up just to answer them...I know the feeling of having no or little replies...anyways, I feel like I do what I can here at Ex’s...and not sure I can do more...but thanks Jackie...I like being a tween...lol...~ Colleen 283 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

I noticed the same thing.  You don't have to do any more than what you are doing. Just if you see Newbie Roll Call‌.  You may be able to help someone with your EXperience. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Ditto to Colleen.  I'm spending a lot of time also trying to respond to new folks also.  Mine are early in the morning.