cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KayP1968

Getting started.

I have tried several times to quit smoking. Always used patches. I would be good for a while then start backed up. This time is different. Today I started Chantix and set my quit date for September 23rd. Any advice for what to expect quitting with Chantix? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

sweetpltBarbscloud‌.  Here is one

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex. Chantix has worked for many quitters here with taking the edge off.  I used Webutrin this time--similar concept.  You're doing it right taking it while your prepare for your quit.   Spend this time reading/posting on the the Ex, educating yourself about nicotine addiction and preparing a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  In addition to your commitment, this is the way to a successful quit.  We're here to support you on your journey, so just reach out if you need help.  Will be here celebrating with you on the 23rd!

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks, I was busy helping someone else. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX you have come to the right place for support. If you're just joining us check out our Getting Started Guide t If you need help navigating the site It is great that you have a plan.  I used Welbutrin as an aid.. Chantix helps take the edge off the urges to smoke.  It is important that you review the suggested material. Another site that has a wealth of information is www.whyquit.com

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s KayP1968 I am so happy you found our site...and decided to quit smoking...I have heard many good things about Chantix, but I don’t know first hand...My advice to you is keep busy ... /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke?sr=search&searchId=8d1e... prepare for that first quit date like no other...Keep close to the support site to encourage others on this journey and to get help...WE are here for you...~ Colleen 283 DOF