cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hkling3

Happy quit day to me

Today I threw my juul away after being addicted for over 6 months. I’m 27 and for the past 10 years I’ve been in an on and off relationship with nicotine, starting with cigarettes when I was 17 then moving to a mixture of e-cigs and cigarettes when I was about 22. When I discovered the juul this year I became addicted FAST and started using it more and more, sometimes even around my kids (age 2 and 1). Doing that, spending all that money on pods and just feeling generally crappy motivated me to finally get rid of it once and for all. I’m trying cold turkey because I know I don’t have the self control to wean myself and the juul is too easy to hit discreetly. The goal is no more nicotine or tobacco products ever again, not even socially. I’ve got little eyes watching me now who need me around and at my healthiest. Thanks for reading.

-Hillary

5 Replies
Strudel

Congrats to you on quitting! It sounds like you are on the right path for sure! Please stick around here! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on your very wise decision to quit using JUUL.  Know that just like cigarettes, it is an addiction and as such, you will go through the same withdrawals as people quitting smoking.  Education about this addiction is very important as is support from others who know what you are going through.  The final thing has to come directly from you and it is to not vape/smoke No Matter What!  We all want to help so please stay close to the site and know that we are here.  You are doing the best thing you possibly can for yourself while you are still so young.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on day three now.   Did you create a quit plan?  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  It really helps to be prepared.   Stay close and reach out if you need help.  

Barb

0 Kudos
OxfordComa

I love this! Congratulations on your quit day! What a joyous day  Keep up the good work!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s hkling3 

Hillary make Day 1 , Day Won...Here is a great list to keep close to you especially today.../blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke?sr=search&searchId=2796...  Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 282 DOF 

0 Kudos