cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit tomorrow - need support!!

Hi everyone,

ive smoked for all my adult life. First cigarettes and now vape/e cigs. I have 2 young kids and they’re at an age where they’re asking questions. I can’t raise kids showing them what an addiction looks like. I really need to quit. My quit date is tomorrow and I  need help to keep it that way. I’m doing this with no meds coz I just want my body free of nicotine. What did you do to keep your quit date? How did you get past the first day of your body demanding the nicotine?

i appreciate your help!! Thanks!!

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Beck37

Congrats on making the decision to quit. I also quit cold turkey. As I smoked my last cigarette I took my time acknowledging that it would be my last one ever. I smoked for 37 years. I knew it was going to be rough. But when I set my mind to something I will not let myself down. It took shear determination and stubbornness to be successful. We don’t tend to have a lot of control in our lives but whether we smoke or not is one of them.

You will go thru some crazies. Google was my best friend. It’s important to know what you are experiencing is normal and survivable. Stay out of your head. Don’t think about smoking. If you start to get a crave just literally shake it out of your head.  You are so able to do this and we are here for you. 

Make yourself proud. Be amazing!

Beck

Thank you Beck37!

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome - CONGRATS DAY ONE- SUGGESTED to ME in early recovery from NICOTINE - EDUCATE YOUR self by read all offered here at this site and also watching the EARLY death videos at whyquit.com - YOUR choices and YOUR WORTH LIFE - yet YOU gotta choose - gentle hug

0 Kudos

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I became willing to say no to a crave. I kept doing that early on and I also would then turn my attention to other things--I did not accept that I had to have a cigarette. I rejected the idea. It was a struggle, but worth it. That was in Oct 2013, age 54--smoked most of my life. Quitting is doable!!! Keep working for it.

Welcome to Ex, keep coming back.

Thank you!!