cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ladybug1218

My Juul Story

Hi everyone! I am a college student who has been addicted to the juul for around 2.5 years now. I originally started because I was prescribed the wrong medication for my mental health condition that caused me to feel extremely jittery and that my heart was leaping out of my chest. My boyfriend also juuls and I found that when I hit his, I would calm down. After finally figuring out that the medication was causing my problems, it was too late. I have tried and failed so many times. The Juul essentially bankrupted me and has taken me away from so many things I love and care about. I find myself making up excuses to leave things early to go a juul in the bathroom or in the car or in my room at night. I am terrified that I am going to get sick because of all the news that has come up recently. My boyfriend and I are trying to quit together but I am so afraid I won't be able to. I hate myself for starting to juul in the first place and I continue to disappoint myself when I relapse. Anyone with similar experiences with the juul? 

Tags (2)
4 Replies
sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s...ladybug1218 

Congratulations on your decision to quit JUUL...it will help that your boyfriend is doing the same...Please start at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to schedule a quit date and prepare for that like no other...Replace Smoking cigarettes with smoking JUUL...we are all addicts so the process is the same for the most part.  Then, to get more specific blogs on Juul, vaping etc., go to the right hand corner of this page and click on the magnifier and put in key words that pertain to vaping.  Really the important thing is replace Vaping with healthy things such as take a walk, exercise, breath, pray, do jumping jacks, do a puzzle, etc., You can do this, but it takes work...if you are overly worried about your medical health with quitting, see your Doctor and have him help you to make a plan...Now get working...and keep close to the support site...we are here to help...~ Colleen 277 DOF 

Happy Friday...!

Here is a group you can join with Vapers, ex cigs, Juul etc., https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/e-cig-users 

mireya223

I’m so happy you want to quit. I’m on day 5 without my Smok Nord because i’ve been scared of getting sick too. I’m 21 and don’t want to allow this addiction to carry on any longer. Please reach out to me if you want to talk or need some advice. 

indingrl

WELCOME and CONGRATS on NICOTINE FREEDOM -  just or TODAY and just for YOU - YOU do YOUR RECOVERY from NICOTINE - please remember - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you NICOTINE ADDICTION is ADDICTION -  you wouldn't hate YOURSELF for getting a cold - please do NOT hate YOURSELF for being addicted to NICOTINE -  please READ all offered here at EX team and also go to whyquit.com and READ the FREE book at whyquit.com.- title of book - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER by Joel Spritzer - also SUGGESTED - to watch the EARLY death videos - then YOU get to CHOOSE what works best for YOU to PRACTICE - day by day -  blog BEFORE you take that first puff over YOU - blog to vent OR to just blog OR questions OR whatever YOU need to blog -  ONE day at a time is all we have and TOGETHER WE WILL NOT take one puff over ourselves or life on life's terms - and please give us time to answer gentle hug

elvan

I have no experience with JUUL but , like you, I AM a nicotine addict.  I had COUNTLESS failed quits but have been smoke free for over 5 1/2 years now.  I smoked for a very, very long time and did irreversible damage to my lungs, I am so sorry that I did not quit sooner.  I came to this site AT LEAST twice a day when I first quit and I read blogs, I asked for advice and when it was given, I took it seriously.  The people in this community are amazing and they have gotten me through some very dark times.  Nicotine changes how most drugs interact with your body.  I had to cut way back on caffeine when I quit smoking because I cannot tolerate it like I used to.  I used to drink a POT of coffee every day, now, I am at a cup and I, often cannot finish it.  You CAN do this, there is nothing to be afraid of...quitting is not an event, it is a JOURNEY and it is one day at a time.  My HUGE congratulations to you and your boyfriend for quitting while you are still so young!   I have never regretted quitting but I always regret that it took me so long.  

Welcome to EX,

Ellen