cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jkl410

Chantix GI issues?

Just wondering if other folks have had trouble with Chantix stomach issues? I started it July 20 , stopped smoking July 31 and tapered off the Chantix, stopped one week ago. I am feeling better no nausea, much less burping and indigestion. My stomach still looks like I'm pregnant and I gained several pounds the first few weeks on the med. I'm eating the same or less. Did anyone experience this? 

Thanks 

J

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Yes, several people have.  Use the magnifying lens and type the keywords, bloating.  Also, check out Sandy-9-17-17's  if I remember correctly a lot of her blogs relate to research she did on her own.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Sandy-9-17-17/blog/2018/05/31/belly-bloat-protecting-your-... 

Jkl410

Thanks for the assistance!

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I've known many people who couldn't tolerate the nausea from chantix. I also have known, and have had myself the horrible gas and bloating from suddenly stopping nicotine. A lot of people that quit cold turkey have GI issues and just work their way through them. I couldn't tolerate it so I'm using the patch now.

Connie

Jkl410

Thanks Connie I am feeling better mostly just the bloated big stomach still. I've stopped the Chantix completely last week.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Chantix can cause stomach issues, but if I understand, you've been on it since July?  Has it bothered you all this time? . I ask, because many quitters have digestion (bloating, constipation, etc.) issues as a part of their withdrawal symptoms.  You might want to search that.

Jkl410

I tapered down a week into the 2 month of Chantix and stopped completely last week.

Most of the symptoms are gone altogether, they actually improved when I was decreasing from 2mg to 1mg/daily. I guess some of this bloated issue is the nicotine withdrawal; I will look into that also.

Thanks!

0 Kudos