cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Andstillirise

Day 144

I’ve had some real struggles lately . My bladder disease that was in remission is back . Crohn’s is bothering me . My ex husband of less than two years is getting remarried and my father who while I don’t talk to is very sick 

oddly enough , I’ve not even thought of smoking . 

Its true what you guys always said . It does get easier and after NO MANS LAND , it gets quite a bit easier . Thank you for that and I’m glad I trusted you guys and believed it . 

Im just gonna keep going no matter what life throws at me . SMOKE FREE

3 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Hon Andstillirise I am so sorry for all that Life is throwing you right now...glad smoking isn’t a thought...please take care of you especially with Crohn’s....144 Days of Freedom is super....Happy Wednesday ~ Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 275 DOF 

Barbscloud

Wow, big congrats on 144 days.  Sorry you're going through some personal and physical issues  right now.   But not smoking in spite of it and not even thinking about it, is a sure sign that being a non-smoker is the real you.   I suspect smoking with Crohn's  disease made it even worse.  It was surprising to me, but when we quit some medical conditions arise or others seem to get worse.  At least temporarily.   Apparently, our bodies react in mysterious ways when we eliminate nicotine and all those other chemicals from our body.   I developed hypothyroidism since I quit, but I have to believe the benefits out way the risks of continuing to smoke.  Good to hear from you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Strudel

First - congrats on 144 days. Second - congrats on knowing how to protect your quit no matter what! Life, with what sounds like some heavy challenges for you, is going to go on - and smoking wouldn't change that. You sound very wise! I hope that things look up soon!  

0 Kudos