cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

harmonys

I need help quitting

im 15 and I love sport my anxiety got super bad so I asked my friends for ways to help they told me to try vaping it has helped so much but my health isn’t as good as it was. I wanna quit for my team and for myself, but the withdrawal symptoms are so bad that it’s very difficult 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

You have come to the right place for support. 

Just like the lack of research surrounding the dangers of vaping in general, there are very few resources available specifically for those who are looking to quit vaping. On the bright side, however, the process for quitting smoking is almost identical to the one for quitting vaping, with the added benefit of being able to fully control the amount of nicotine you use, depending on the e-cig you are using. @Quitting E-cigarettes | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX 

JACKIE1-25-15

How are you doing? You are so young.  I hope you are reading as much information as possible. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and glad to hear that you appreciate the seriousness of vaping at such a young age.You have time to stop before you suffer serious health issues.   Here is another site for young vaper's to help with your quit https://www.thetruth.com/articles/hot-topic/quit-vaping   But we'ere here for you too.  Tell us more about how we can help you.

Barb

elvan

Quitting vaping is recovering from nicotine addiction, just like those of us who smoked cigarettes.  It is not an event, it is a journey and it has to be one day at a time.  First of all, read everything you can find about nicotine addiction and then reach out like you just did for support from people who know what you are going through.  Next and perhaps most importantly, make a commitment to yourself not to smoke/vape NO MATTER WHAT.  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary and it DOES get easier.  No one knows how you might be damaging your poor body with JUUL, I am horrified that yet another entire generation is being groomed for nicotine addiction.  

I came to this site every morning and every evening when I first quit and I have been quit for over 5 1/2 years now.  I tried to quit in the past but this site and the people here were what I needed to get on the right path.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

MarilynH

How are you doing harmonys

0 Kudos