Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kjb

In Search of Behavioral Psychologist

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

i live in New York City and am on month 5 of Chantix. I smoke a lot less than I used to. I’m down to about 3-4 cigs/day and just can’t shake the monkey off my back.

Can anyone refer to me an excellent behavioral psychologist in NYC who specializes in treating cig addiction?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kjb

I don't have anyone I could personally recommend but you could look at ABCT | Find a CBT Therapist | Main Page  and then make some calls.

Also you might check out https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2019/08/07/nicotine-dependence-cente...‌ and see if they have any referrals for NYC.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
indingrl

Welcome and congrats loving YOU and CHOOSING a NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE -  just for YOU - WAY TO GO - Mark the EX manger of this site would be YOUR best HELP for that question - gentle hug

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kjb

I don't have anyone I could personally recommend but you could look at ABCT | Find a CBT Therapist | Main Page  and then make some calls.

Also you might check out https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2019/08/07/nicotine-dependence-cente...‌ and see if they have any referrals for NYC.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbara145

Welcome.  This site would most likely serve your purpose.  It did for me. I had been to psychologists, MD's, hypnotists.  Nothing worked for me until I found this site.  Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Is it possible for the dr that prescribed the Chantix refer you to a behavioral psychologist in NYC?

0 Kudos
green1611

welcome to Ex.

You are at right place. I am not  much aware of Chantix..

But strongly suggest go through this site, much more blogs, Doc advises etc. It will surely help to you come out of smoking habit.

Be strong, and quit at once.....!!

All the best.

0 Kudos
Sootie

I have to agree with Barbara145‌ give this EX Community a try! The support on here is going to help you more than a behavioral psychologist.....especially if they have never quit smoking! We all have and we are here to help each other. Come to the site often especially if you feel you are about to smoke. DON'T SMOKE!!!! There are all sorts of resources here and information on this addiction. Also go to whyquit.com and read some of the articles on there. You CAN do this.....we all did and we are no different from you!

0 Kudos
constanceclum

It's the same for all of us whether we use chantix or not. Set a quit date and stick to it. Come here frequently to read blogs and write your own blogs explaining your journey. No Dr. will take the place of the recovered person helping the newcomer. If that were true, AA would never have started.

Connie