cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sister5

Day 9

Not getting easier, very bad day today, thought it would be better!?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your 9 days of success.  I'm sure right now  9 days feels like forever, but it's early in your quit.  You're body needs to time to heal from the nicotine and chemicals it's been used to.  It will easier, but it's going to take time. What are you doing to help get through this period?  I had to stay busy most of the time and when a craving was bad I would come to the Ex and read/post or just walk out the door for a short walk.   Focus on your success and remind yourself  "I don't do that anymore".   You got this one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
Sister5

Thank you for your help I need you and everyone else

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019, 7:59 AM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

Sister5

I have a lot of prayers from my Church and Family, and of course I pray

too, that's getting me through a lot. I'm not around anyone that Smokes,

well except later today I have a sister coming, I told her I don't want to

see anything to do with a cigarette

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019, 7:59 AM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

If it's you home, need to tell her to smoke outside.  My brother and sister both smoke and are coming today.  I haven't smoked in my house for several years so they already know the rules.   Never forget this is your quit and enjoy the day!

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Oh Hon...take care of You...Day 9 quit is super...it takes time due to the body is healing after everything we put in it for years...I even ended up with sinus infection and upper respiratory infection...keep close to here...and keep telling yourself it will get better, but takes time....Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 273 DOF 

0 Kudos
Sister5

Thank you for your help I need you and everyone else.

0 Kudos
constanceclum

Day 9 is awesome!!! This is a tough unpredictable journey. For me, all I could say about the 2nd week is it was a little bit better than the 1st week. Week 3 was easy, then week 4 & 5 was tough. Now it's week 6, and I feel like a nonsmoker, but I know there will still be tough times ahead. Just hang in there, pray your way through the craves and appreciate the good moments and hours.

Connie

0 Kudos
Giulia

Don't Abandon Yourself Pansies.jpg

You hang in.  Time is the only cure.  Stay true to you.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

After all the smoking that went on, most of us start a quit hoping and praying to get over the addiction. By not smoking you are doing the footwork necessary to keep moving forward. Congratulations on not smoking. Keep the smober hours coming.

Please post again about how you got through this day. 

0 Kudos