cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Chelley123_

Day one

Wow!...I made it!!!.. mind over matter is what I keep telling myself...kinda rough during breaks that I would normally smoke but by the GRACE of God I made it!! Even trimmed hedges to get me through the evening...Thanks everyone. .ONE DAY AT A TIME!!

11 Replies
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your first day won.  It's the first step on your journey to being a non-smoker.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!

Barb

Chelley123_

Thank you!!! Today I let myself down....made it all the way until 4:30 this evening and gave in...I'm starting the Chantix in the a.m....i feel bad that I'm not as strong as I thought but not giving up

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

This isn't easy.  Don't write yourself off--you can do this.  Most of us have many attempts at quitting.  The important thing is to start again and don't wait too long.  Did you create a My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX ?   Education and preparation are the key to success.   Pick a new quit date-check your Chantix instructions.  You're supposed to continue smoking until the Chantix has time work.  Reach out next time before you smoke.  That's what we're here for.

Barb

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo Chelley123_ Day 1 is Day Won...now keep working it ... and yes by the Grace of God...so proud...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 270 DOF 

0 Kudos
Chelley123_

Today I allowed myself to smoke...made it until 4:30 this evening! Only smoked half and tossed it but still I smoked...going to start Chantix in the a.m....guess I'm not as strong as I thought! 

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

If you want to learn the dance you need to learn the steps. Educate yourself regarding your habits and desires when it comes to smoking. It is you bible to success during this introduction to nicotine sobriety. By the way, you ARE stronger than you realise.  

Smiles

Gyorgyi

Chelley123_

In all honesty I smoked bc I had to start all over raising two of my grandchildren. ...3 and 5 yrs old. My children are grown and gone...I work full time and I sheltered myself from living. I don't date or go out...I just focus on providing for them. My time is consumed that when I had a minute I smoked...I don't have anyone to vent to except this site...thanks 4 listening and the encouragement 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Unknown-4.jpeg

0 Kudos
Chelley123_

Thanks but I slipped 

0 Kudos