cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Sylvia_Deitz

Vitamins for Emphysema

Hi All! I haven't ordered these yet, but I saved this page, so I would know what vitamins and how much to take. Most of them I'm already taking, but these have them all in one pill. I'm not affiliated with this company. It just looked like this could be of help to us with COPD.

Mitamins Basic Formula (MBF) for Emphysema

Do you experience chronic cough, shortness of breath, or frequent respiratory infections? This natural emphysema formula is focused on lung system recovery and repair. Botanicals such as Ginkgo Biloba, used to help peripheral circulation, are included alongside powerful immunity-enhancing components such as Astragalus. Smoking or stress related nutrition deficiencies are addressed with a variety of essentials.

Main Functions:
Emphysema there is permanent enlargement of the alveoli due to the destruction of the walls between alveoli in emphysema. The destruction of the alveolar walls reduces the elasticity of the lung overall. N-Acetyl L-Cysteine and L-Glutamine help the body to synthesize glutathione, an important antioxidant that has been proven to support lung health. Ginkgo Biloba can improve lung circulation.
Infections occur more frequently in emphysema patients. Grape Seed and Green Tea provide antioxidant and general health-enhancing support. Astragalus is a traditional immune stimulant which can boost the body’s immunity.
Ingredients Description:
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine and L-Glutamine are included in this natural treatment formula for Emphysema because they help the body synthesize glutathione, an important antioxidant that has been proven to support lung health. Long-term use of N-acetyl L-Cysteine may increase urinary excretion of zinc. Therefore, additional Zinc supplementation is recommended. Zinc is an essential mineral that is involved in antioxidant protection against free radicals, and can help to boost immunity. Grape Seed and Green Tea are included as they provide antioxidant support and have many general health-enhancing properties. Ginkgo Biloba helps to maintain peripheral circulation in the lung. Astragalus is traditionally used as a tonic and is well-known as an immune stimulant.
Ingredients Amount Unit
Zinc (as zinc mono-l-methionine)
mg 
Astragalus Extract (root)
mg 
Ginkgo Extract (leaf)
mg 
Grape Seed Extract
mg 
Green Tea Extract (leaf)
mg 
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine
mg 
L-Glutamine
mg 

Pasted from
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
webslave

Thanks for that information Sylvia.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

I see I forgot to leave a link to order these.
http://www.mitamins.com/mitamins/landing/showdiseaselandingpage.do?...
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this. I'll have to ask my doctor about this.
0 Kudos