cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sister5

Day Six

Very Very Hard Today, Thought It Got Easier!! I Felt Better On Day Three, Which I Thought Would Be Harder, Please Any Advice?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Look through /blogs/Mark-blog/2019/02/06/quit-journeys?sr=search&searchId=7d54104f-5c12-4960-8fb5-4b2c3638a44b&se...‌. You can read where different people were at the same point in their journeys.  Every journey is unique.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

It will get easier.  Be patient, with the elimination of nicotine and thousand of chemicals, your body is going to respond,  It needs the time you're giving it now to heal.   What are you doing for your cravings?  Exercise, like walking is great.  

Barb

0 Kudos
Sister5

Don't do what I should or maybe go for a walk I just try to get through it

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, 5:15 PM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

So important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction so you understand what's happening with you physically and mentally on the journey.  And a plan!   Go to  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and create a plan on how you'll achieve your goal to become a non-smoker.  Please take the time for you to read posts from  old and new quitters, and how they did it.  Early days for me--Sour Patch Kids, chewing on straws and the support of the Ex.  This is not easy, but you will be so proud of yourself for the commitment you've made to YOU.

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

It gets better, but way after 6 days...we have abused our bodies with chemicals and now it takes time for the mind and body to heal...soon you (7days) you will be through hell week...but this journey takes time...breath and tell your head and “this too shall pass” ... Colleen 269 DOF 

0 Kudos
Sister5

I'm angry, anxious, frustrated, I sleep a lot, not sure if it's a good

idea, but not Smoking!

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, 7:53 PM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

I talked to myself for 3 months while cleaning places in my home and truck that I never knew existed! My animals thought I was crazy so they backed off for awhile..LOL

I couldn't sit through a TV show...

But I KNEW THAT IT WAS ALL TEMPORARY!!!

Do WHATEVER it takes...

I smoked for 43 years, two packs a day....I have well over a year now  stopped on 2/20/2018 and it is WORTH EVERY SINGLE discomfort I went through....

YOU CAN............YOU WILL.............YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK......LET IT HAPPEN!

Miles of Smiles,

Gyorgyi

Barbscloud

Being anxious and sleeping a lot is normal for early withdrawal symptoms.  Don't be concerned about that right now.  Focus on your preparation to get through this stage.  Keeping busy really helped me.   You're got this.

Barb

0 Kudos
Sister5

Day 7 today, very emotional, anxious, frustrated! Short of breath, which

scares me, I thought it would be better

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 3:59 PM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos