cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RevTerrie

BAD!

Right now I want a cigarette so bad!! I got through that craving before and was okay. Along with Dad having emphysema and smoking 3 packs a day, he's also an alcoholic. Well, he's been drinking all last night and again today and he's about as mean as a rattlesnake. I've had my fill of him now. He finally passed out. Mom works 2 days a week and tomorrow is one of them. I'm not looking forward to day three of his bad mood and being drunk. Zonie and I can only spend so much time outside. The digestive disease has been horrible today and my brain even felt funny, which only happens after having seizures in my sleep. So I probably had some in my sleep last night from stress and have effects of that today. I can't wait to get my life back. I fight every day to move forward and get closer to that day. The day after I move out of here I'm having a big smoke-free party. You're all invited!

21 Replies
Giulia

Sorry it is so.  At least he's out.  I'll bring some music and some games to the party  You hang in.  You may not now, but one day you're gonna look back at all this and be so darn happy you made the choice.  Stay strong.  Sing this song with me:  NOPE - YouTube 

RevTerrie

I LOVE it! That made my day! I'm laughing so hard that Zonie is looking at

me like....did I miss something? Ha Ha!

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry that you are having to deal with a situation that you have no control over.  Living with an alcoholic can be rough.  No one seems to understand.  I am glad you have this network of friends to listen to you.  All I can say is do not give up. No matter what you have to continue to move forward.  Know in your heart that smoking with not help anything. I pray that you are delivered from this abuse. In Jesus name Amen. 

Bonnie

Praying with Jackie for you.  

I have been in al-anon almost a year now and find it helpful. Al-anaon would suggest that I stay in my lane. In other words, don't engage with an inebriated person - because you can't anyway.. It also gave me more energy to take care of ME First! Say what?!Yes I suggest that you put yourself first. Let go and trust in his Higher Power to see him through this episode.Big Hugs! I know it isn't at all easy in any way!

Barbscloud

You're situation certainly doesn't make it any easier to keep your quit. You're doing great and keep reminding yourself "I don't do that anymore".   Reach out anytime you need a break from the chaos in your life.  We're here for you.

Barb  

Mandolinrain

Thinking of you and saying some prayers

Barbara145

God bless you.  I have been there.  Like Thomas said. "Take care of you."  May I suggest an Al-Anon meeting?  It would help you take care of you.  Don't smoke

maryfreecig

Your reasons for quitting remain the same. Sorry you are having to get through tough stuff, but your smobriety party sounds like a great goal. Til then, one day at a time, yes you can.  Because you are.