cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
18,014 Replies
Giulia

Great!  Let's see if I can help get the ball rolling AND perhaps bring back some people who haven't been around much in a while:

shashort , Strudel ,elvan Thomas3.20.2010 ,Iamkfazjbliesmer ,Diannnnn , MePlus3 ,c2q ,kristen-9.7.15 ,plug66 , roller831 , cbgerber , Sootie , jdesco311 , tjanddj , Jennifer-Quit , Sandi4 

I've been riding my bike every other day, except I took the past two days off.  And it's raining today.  Your timing couldn't be more perfect.  Think I'll hit the upstairs gym later as it's raining.  You spurred me on, lady.  Thanks!

JACKIE1-25-15

Miss you @Giulia , @Youngatheart, well something is not working here. @YoungAtHeart .  I guess it is me. 

DonnaMarie

Amazing day yesterday. I went back to aquatics class at the pool. I've been walking religiously during the past year, but I miss my friends at the pool. I visited the Rec Center Monday to check out their safety measures; they passed with flying colors. I gave them my shiny new Silver Sneakers card and re-joined on the spot. Tuesday, I attended class and it was great. The sweet smell of chlorine made me so happy! 

In time, I'll swim laps again, but it's been a long time.

Donna

JACKIE1-25-15

AWESOMEpastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

I wish I lived near a pool.

0 Kudos
auntnina

Me too.

Course I wish a lot of things. 

It's sucky today.

Maki

Can you clarify please @auntnina , were you responding to @Hotbutnotsmokin post on the pool ? That was a few pages ago , back in 2022 . Some of who you are responding to may not be active here anymore but still good for you for posting. If you look at the bottom of the screen , the most recent page is the last numbers  ie 1199 is the most recent posts and so forth .  I’m sorry you are having a crappy day . Quitting can suck in those early days , but it will get better . Glad you came here , we would love to have you join in with us , moving and walking if you are able .,All  these things could help you through the waves of feelings . Congrats on choosing to quit smoking , you have what a week down now , that’s awesome and some of the hardest fought days .. don’t look back . Keep coming for support here , we all just move as best we can or journal on the main page as well . We also have the games pages , check those out as well as well as the best of Ex and the Mayo Blogs . 

I’m sorry @auntnina @that you are having a rough day today . Hang in there . 

zipzap500

You can do it.

0 Kudos

I got the cutest dog EVER with a lot of energy to burn. I walk him at least 2 miles, twice a day!

91E4AEBC-1105-49D5-B8F9-9B82F134AB3F.jpeg

D6A9A0F6-4570-4F8C-93AD-EE2975251F5F.jpeg