DevviM

Relapsed...

Discussion created by DevviM on Aug 22, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2019 by maryfreecig

I decided to quit smoking 5 years ago and I did as far as cigarettes. What I did to help with cigarettes was taking up vaping and so for the past 5 years, I have been a heavy “vaper”. 2 days ago I threw my e-cigarette away saying enough is enough and went two days cold turkey. I started my smoke free journal, tried getting my support group to help me through it and joined this group. I was doing great and then I relapsed today...

My uncle died tragically two years ago today and i am having a hard time coping with it. I was fighting and fighting the urge to go to the gas station and pick up a cheap e-cigarette; I made it halfway through the day but ended up getting one. It’s no excuse and I know better but I wasn’t strong enough to fight that urge. I was two and a half days completely nicotine free and on top of the sadness I feel today I now have the guilt of not being strong enough to fight my smoking urge. 

I am sorry to unload this on anyone who reads this and I feel guilty as well as terrible... Today shouldn’t be about my inability to not smoke an e-cigarette but should be about celebrating my uncles life. 

Maybe I should have planned my quit time better... 

Outcomes