cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

How can i reach out to someone

I quite two months ago. But I have no one to talk to I'm a single father of 3 children having a hard time. My name is jamar and my number is xxx xxx xxxx thanks good hearted people only

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Barbscloud

Jamar, you can Post To My Blog and you'll receive the support of the entire community.   You're get a variety of responses and opinions.   Congrats on your 2 months smoke free.   We're here for you.  Just reach out.

Barb

Thank you for your response im having hard time being a single parent on

feeding my kids right now

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 1:24 PM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I was a single parent from the time my two girls were 4 and 6 - and worked full-time most of the time they were growing up.  Looking back, I have NO idea how I did it - and I only had two!

You deserve a pat on the back and a hearty CONGRATULATIONS on getting through each day!  Quitting smoking will, in fact, give you MORE time, and extra $$$ in your pocket - not to mention being around for them a lot longer!

Hang in there!!!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Hallphresh2019 

Congratulations on 2 months of Freedom from smoke...You are welcome to post blogs and we will give you so much support...We are a very strong and caring group...~ Colleen 260 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome Jamar, I am sorry that you are having a hard time.  Is it that you are having a hard time with your quit or a hard time being a single parent?.  Probably both, right.  You have come to a community that can offer support to quit smoking.  Congrats on 60 whole days of freedom.   I am not sure if you are going to get some phone calls from anyone just yet, maybe later on once we get to know you.  I would be cautious about putting my phone number out there like that unless private message someone.  We are a close-knit community so hang around someone may give you a call. Quitting is the easy part.  As you already know staying quit is work.  Learning to protect your quit will keep you on your journey of forever freedom. One day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close.and the journey continues

Thank you for your response and support. I'm having a hard time being a

single parenti can't feed my kids right niw

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 3:02 PM JACKIE1-25-15 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
elvan

You have gotten some good advice already, I really think that if you go to the little pencil near your avatar and click on it and then select Blog Post, Share your thoughts.  Write what you are going through and how you feel that we can help you.  I agree with JACKIE1-25-15‌ that I would be cautious about posting my phone number on the site.  It is better done in a direct message, you can click on a person's avatar and send them a message with your phone number.  There are lots of amazing people here, this is a one day at a time journey.  We will help you all that we can.  Congratulations on two months quit, that is awesome. 

I am hoping that YoungAtHeart‌ will be here shortly to post her welcome.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

First, you might edit your blog (bottom right - Actions - Edit)  to not include your phone number for the whole site to see.  You never know who might be lurking.  You might, instead, ask anyone who would be interested in a phone conversation to private message you  (they will click on your username and a menu with appear that will have an option to send you a message).

While I know that you think your quit journey should be over and you should be DONE with it - I'm afraid that is not the case.  You are traveling through the part of your journey where folks here noticed a lot of people were losing their quit.  They decided to shine a light on it by giving it a name - No Mans Land.  Here is some information on it:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

I hope you will take heart in knowing that what you are experiencing is perfectly normal in a quit - and it will NOT last forever.  It is but a phase!

It will get EASIER and you WILL  be done with it - just hang in there!

All of us with successful quits survived this - although I don't think many of us did it being a single Dad to three kids!  It is the absolute BEST thing you can do for them - and the extra $$$$ in your pocket will also be a good thing.

Hang in there a bit longer.  Yell when you need support.  We will give you a helping hand!

Nancy

Thanks everyone. It's hard my children laying here crying cause the hungry. I lost my job.its rough I had 4 dollars in my cash app and went n got then both a burger... its hard.. Thanks everyone

0 Kudos