cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

Never let down your guard

I just got hit by a very vivid picture in my mind of buying and smoking.  An entire plan of where to buy, where to hide, and where to smoke was suddenly in my head in living color.  I am shocked!  After two weeks, I should be past that!

My inner junkie was actually reviewing the logistics for gaps.  (I am really good at planning).

You know what?  I'll never be free of the cravings and the junkie thinking if I keep "sneaking" smokes.

As has been pointed out before, quitting is a process of building a NEW habit to replace the Old habit.

I am still in the middle of it.  If I revert back to the old habit - even once! - I strengthen it.  If I use the new habit every time, it will eventually replace the old. 

I'm rambling until I am confident that when I leave work I will keep my quit!

Day 15

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Be sure to have a cold bottle of water with you in the car from which to sip - and turn some tunes up full volume and sing along with them!  DO something to get your mind off of your planning to smoke.  Don't let those thoughts rattle around in your head unchallenged.  Change your mind's direction!  Count the blue things in the room, count backwards from 10,000, think of girls' and boys' names that begin with each letter of the alphabet.

Two weeks is still very early in your quit journey - so don't despair.  It WILL get easier.  You can make it so by using your tools!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

You have just proved that you can talk your way of smoking the same way you can talk your way into it.  Good Job.  Congrats 15 days is HUGE!!!!

elvan

Great job recognizing the tricks your addiction is trying to play on you...you really CAN do this, one day at a time.  You are so early in your quit, I am sure you felt like you would feel stronger by now.  I wrote a blog on my 13th day of being quit and I said that I really expected it to be a lot easier by now.  I smoked for 47 years but I wanted to be free in two weeks.  Not very realistic.  This is a powerful addiction and it has to be faced one feeling at a time.  You did a great job.

Ellen

sweetplt

Congratulations on 15 Days of Freedom...unfortunately, you are early in the quit journey and it takes time for craves and urges to go away...and then we will still have to be vigilant...The process of how you are working through it ... well it is to be commended...keep it going...and Happy Friday ~ Colleen 256 DOF 

0 Kudos