cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-hibling

Can I join

Last time I quit I put on lbs - this time by eating healthy and exercise I have not gained any extra weight - feel proud of myself - for example Sat walked for 90 mins over the hills Sunday hour at the gym - Monday hour walk - today 45 min walk - tomorrow gym but i do this all by myself and just could do with a few friends to root for me!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

of course!!!! all are welcome! any age, level & ability! we root for all! join & welcome!
0 Kudos
cindywilson

Glad you joined maybe you could motivate some of us. For me food is becoming an issue. It wasn't the first couple of months, but then my guy quit too and now we are both pigging out on food. I try to keep healthy food in the house, but he has candy and junk too....how do I get the appetite back under control? He deperately needs to lose the weight because of the heart attack, but he is eating like crazy and for some reason I started too. We are walking and I work out too, but not enough to counteract all the food...
0 Kudos
david-hibling

I have to say i am lucky as I do not have a sweet tooth so only rarely eat candy cake or cookies - but my downfall is wine and cheese - I could eat dairy products for ever!! My diet improved when I ate more OFTEN but not MORE - by breaking up my food intake to smaller portions but more frequent - for instance if i used to eat cereals and toast for breakfast then i would just eat cereals and a little later the toast - so I was feeding the desire to eat but not eating more than normal - wine I had to lay off and has now become a looked forward to treat and I make it special - I drink only at weekends and then with a nice meal that I have cooked to go with it -and remember its better to eat more early on in the day as you will work it off rather than have the really big meal last thing - lots of fluid like fruit juice and water will fill you up - and make a simple jug of fruit jice more fun by adding real fruit to it and a jug of water becomes a cocktail by using sparkling water ice cubes and fruit and served in nice glasses - exercise when you can and often too even if it is a brisk walk when you would have taken the car
0 Kudos
kate8

I want to join too. My husband bought me a tread mill a few months ago and I don't even use it. This looks like a great motivation site to me. And I know I'm going to eat, eat, eat. I have already been dealing with that issue. Ouch......
0 Kudos
kate8

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm just checking. If anyone knows about what an out of shape, smoking for years, 45 to 50 something year old females pulse rate should run. I tried to get my cardio doc to tell me and let me know but he wouldn't do it without a heart cath and I am just not ready to go that route yet. My pulse tops at 194 just walking for about 5 or 10 minutes. I really think if I don't smoke I could get it down alot. I have mitral valve prolapse with mitral valve regurt. and colagulated arteries in both legs from my knees down. And I know that don't help. But I'm sure that someone completely out of shape and a heavy smoker to boot would have a high pulse without anything else being wrong. They put me on beta blockers twice a day to slow me down and turned me into a chair potatoe, haha. I am gonna turn that around if I can. All help and info on what your pulse should be would be wonderful.
0 Kudos
joy6

I make the pledge. I vow to walk every day. Lord knows I need it. I saw my reflection in the glass this afternoon and was shocked by how quickly I've put on the belly.
0 Kudos