cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

naprajaya

15 days gone

went to smoking zone with work colleagues yesterday.. came back without touching cigi and continued working.. around evening had a real mad crave. probably the strongest after 4th or 5th day.. i guess this is because of me going back to places which were strongly associated with myself for smoking.. thankfully talked myself out not buying cigarettes, came home and felt very proud of myself 2 hours later for not touching it.. the battle continues...

9 Replies
indingrl

Yahooooooo WAY TO GO!

0 Kudos
Sootie

CONGRATS! You were very strong, But BEWARE of triggers and associations in the first months.......you got through today and YAY YOU!!!! But no sense in making this tougher than it needs to be. Avoid if at all possible, places that may make you think...hmmmmm....... I'll just have one.

Great job on staying strong!

YoungAtHeart

Congrats on 15 days - you have successfully traversed H#ll and Heck Weeks.

I agree with Sootie , though,  about going to a place where you might be tempted to smoke.  Why poke the tiger if you don't need to?

Here's to another day - and to another week!

elvan

Congratulations...you are doing GREAT.  I would advise not going to smoking areas...you are getting exposed to 2nd hand smoke and THAT may be why you were craving with such intensity.

Ellen

naprajaya

thanks guys.. agree with your thoughts.. it wasnt intentional just wanted a break and ended up going with the usual old gang at work .. will be be very careful about this going fwd.. lesson learnt ..

green1611

Great going. Bravo !!! 

I took nearly 100 days plus to go to my old smoking friends, and go along with them while they are smoking.

I felt it was safe to be away....there is no need to take chance.

All the best for future journey.

maryfreecig

If you continue doing the great work you are doing to get over the nicotine dependency, the battles will turn in to good memories of a job well done. Yes you can.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 15 days.  Go for a walk instead!

Barb

sweetplt

You are early in the quit...you may want to avoid smoking areas for awhile...it takes time ... Congratulations on 15 days quit...Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 254 DOF