cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rogerhead

I have been smoke free for 35 days do I continue the patches with step 2 or am I good

35 days Smoke free do I continue with step 2 with patches with 14 mg or am I good after 35 days smoke free?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

Congratulations on your decision to quit and your successful 35 days.  That is HUGE!  I think you probably have discovered what I am about to relay to you, but it doesn't hurt for you to become better educated on this addiction and the process to be free from it.  Here is a blog with information about the next stage of your journey so you can be prepared for it:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... .  The good folks here on the site noticed that a lot of quits were lost during this period of time, so gave it a name and highlighted its aspects.

To answer your question, I might suggest that you give it a try without the patches - but keep one handy in your wallet in case a crave gets you to the point of smoking.  Promise yourself you will put the patch on and give it time to take effect - and maybe go back on them for a bit.  The nicotine should be out of your body about three days after you stop using the patch, and then it takes a couple of weeks for it to adjust to life without it.  I am guessing you will have changed up your routines and found ways to get past the psychological aspects of the addiction, so now you will just have to get past the physical aspects of it.

It will serve you well at this point to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your body and mind. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. You can search for it online or at your local library.  I never found the process to be easy, but it contains good information on the physical and psychological aspects of the addiction.

Stay close to us here and ask questions when you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

elvan

I agree with YoungAtHeart‌ that you should keep a patch with you in case of an "emergency"...it beats smoking.  Congratulations on 35 days, that's wonderful.

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s ~ Rogerhead 

Congratulations on 35 Days quit...whoo hoo...good job...keep it going by following the information provided by YoungAtHeart ... ~ Colleen 254 DOF

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Probably not.  Best to follow the directions.  You are doing great.  Congrats on quitting smoking.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I think it is a decision that only you can make for sure.  If you are comfortable not using the patch do it.  If you need it use it.  Let us know how it works out for you. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

That is a decision only you can make.  I used the patch for 6 weeks and quit using it when it felt "right:" for me.  Congrats to you on 35 days!!!!

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

I’m just curious as to why you would skip the 3rd step of 7mg.  If you can do without, that’s great!  Congrats on 35 days.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 35 days smoke free.   That's a wonderful accomplishment.  I agree with following the instructions.

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

Hey, How is it going?  It has been a week since we last saw you.

0 Kudos