cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nomorepoison

I used the juul to quit cigarettes, now I’ve been juuling for around 3 years and and use it way too much I have no idea how to stop.

Has anyone on here successfully quit juuling? Did u have to jump down to the 3% first before stopping all together? I use my juul when I drink coffee, alcohol, after I eat, when I drive, when I’m just hanging out, Doing homework (college student). I live a stressful life but I have a little less month before school starts and I would love to go back already a few weeks nicotine free. Please someone help the juul is harder for me to quit than the cigs were!!!! 

12 Replies
Giulia

Howdy!  Welcome A'board.  The suggestions and advice we give to those who are quitting cigarettes is the same for those quitting vaping.  The addiction is pretty much a duplicate.  Same nicotine receptors in the brain, almost the same hand-to-mouth behavior.  The only difference I can see is that cigarettes are more restricted than vape which as you say, you can do anywhere any time.  Here's a primer to maybe help get you started:  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned?sr=search&searchId=ed6a1049-b4...‌  And a little video...What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking? - YouTube .  Glad you're here.  Stick around!

0 Kudos
Amlatt

Hi Giulia

Checking in on you - i am day 7 of quitting vaping a similar product to JUUL. While I loved vaping, I love my freedom more and I will stay committed to NOPE - I think getting rid of all materials is important and sign up for text motivators and read and talk talk talk to the ExCommunity. You can do this, if I can do this, you can do this.  I also wanted to mention that I felt really sad the first few days....like I had lost an old dear friend to a terrible passing....my friend 'Nicotine', who was actually not such a good friend to me in reality, but anyway, I needed to privately acknowledge Nicotine passing in a way that resembles a funeral  .....I will miss my friend, but I will never get that "friend" back as they are dead and not coming back in my life. I know that is a little wacky, but it helped me to acknowledge that I needed to give myself permission to miss this bad influencer friend in my life, but also to just say good bye in a more final way.

Ginny

DOF 7  

Ann007

Congratulations on your quit! I'm a fellow Juul user & my quit day is tomorrow. Just here looking for tips, motivation, and support. Your post really hits a spot with me (about losing a friend, etc). It helps knowing that my feelings are not wrong & that others feel the same. Thanks for sharing. 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Yes. I am a lone Juul quitter here

First, I made the decision to quit.  Second, I bought a limited supply of pods. Third, I committed to myself that after that supply was gone, poof! I'd be done. Fourth, when I was done, I threw it all away, including chargers.

I know how hard it is. I know how good the Juul is. And I know it's just as doable to quit it as it was to quit cigarettes.

It's all about educating yourself about nicotine addiction.

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

Ann007

Another Juuler here! Tomorrow is my quit day. Actually starting to not dread it so much after reading some of these posts. Thanks for sharing!

AnnetteMM

Keep us updated!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Quitting nicotine is the problem for most of us. The instrument of delivery becomes sacred (as crazy as that is) and becomes the object of our affection IMO. But the nicotine--weirdly addictive--keeps us coming back. By switching to vaping, you might have gotten more nicotine than when you were smoking and become used to an even higher dose. I don't know--just a thought. 

Before you commit to quitting, ask yourself if you want to live like this. After all, people face stress everyday without vaping or smoking for nicotine. When you quit, you will discover for yourself that it isn't the stress that is driving you to vape, its the addiction. 

You really can follow your better judgement and get free of the stuff. Takes a little elbow grease, but once you get around the learning curve, you'll be moving right along in smobriety.

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s nomorepoison 

So glad you found our site...You traded smoking with another addiction...You need to get a plan...First, go read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX here you will make a quit date and plan for your quit...with healthy options other than smoking...then, you need to read the blogs and get educated on being an addict...lastly, throw all smoking paraphernalia away the night before your quit...also, come here for support...WE are all in this journey together...We all live with stress, changes, health issues, death, etc., and we learn how to accept life on her terms without smoking...Here is a list to help you too...keep it close /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=8... Now get working...You can do this...~ Colleen 252 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

Lately, we have had an influx of people joining us that are addicted to the juul.  We are here to support you.  No matter what device you use.  The addiction did not change just the device that you used. Quitting an addiction requires a complete commitment and the willingness to do whatever is necessary not to indulge.  You have come to the right place for support.  Education is the key to recovery. .  I am a firm believer education is the key to success. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌.  Make quitting smoking your number one priority. Make sure you have gotten rid of all smoking paraphernalia. There is no need to be tempted.  You can do this if you make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to puff is a good beginning. For a while, you will think about vaping but that does not mean you have to act on it.  You can talk yourself out of smoking.  No matter what never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option