cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Rewards

I’ve been rewarding myself in simple ways.  I usually buy store brand snacks, but yesterday bought real Doritos.  I had a coupon that made them 1.99 as opposed to store 1.25.  I akmost caved because I am such a frugal shopper.  I said to myself it’s only 75 cents and you can have the real deal!  I just need little rewards.  My fur babies get goodies too.  I can’t do a lot being disabled, so with pride I walked out of Safeway with the real deal!  Passed some smokers on the way to the car.  Smeled so good.  Don’t know if I will ever get passed that.  

12 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Gwenivere I am glad you got the Doritos...lol...rewards are important...and hon that isn’t a real big one...lol...and it’s ok that the smoke smells good...as long as we don’t act on it...I am here to tell you when I walk to our strip mall the hairdressers are always out smoking and every once in awhile it smells good to me...but I know I can never have one puff...Glad to see this post from you...Happy Saturday hon to you and your fur babies...~ Colleen 250 DOF 

Barbscloud

You deserve those Doritos so I hoped you enjoyed them.  There's times when those smokes smell real good to me also.  Enjoy your day.

Barb

Barbara145

Good morning Gwen.  You sound good. So glad you treated yourself.  You deserve it.  Enjoy your day 

SimplySheri

I like that you're rewarding yourself!!  You so deserve those Doritos!!!  Good for you   As for the smell...well, sometimes it smells good and other times it smells absolutely awful.  I hope there are times you smell the awful, too.  

constanceclum

I also like the smell of smoke. My husband smokes outside and, if I'm out there, I'll get a whiff. Then I listen to him cough and wheeze and completely lose any desire I might have to smoke.

I've been using a snack at night as a reward for another day won. Usually something sweet. Like today I made a cherry dump cake. I think rewarding ourselves is important but, at some point, I'll give up the sweets for things that have more value.

Connie

Gwenivere

Doesn’t making a reward something with more worth (like better for you) defeat the purpose?  

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS! Enjoy your Doritos- gentle hug

Legend

Rewarding yourself is always good I’m happy to hear you are doing that.  I love finding a good coupon it just makes my day. Now I want some Doritos the nacho cheese flavor.

Christine13

Mmmm........doritos.  What a wonderful treat!!  Good for you!  You are sounding better!