cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jmklenck

Unbearable sweating???

Just signed up for this! I figured it was time to stop wasting my money. 

So I am not addicted to cigs but rather ecigs. Two things happened to me within this past week that gave me a totally different mindset towards smoking (cigs or ecigs). 

1) One of my coworkers ( a former smoker) was told she has two weeks to live. She switched from cigs to juul as an alternative. 

2) I saw a popular post on twitter about a kid that had been juuling for a year and it caused a collapsed lung and black dots all over his lungs.

Quitting is hard. I’ve quit before (15 days) but what got me back into was I stupidly smoked weed ONCE (which I had also been 15 days clean from) with my friends to celebrate and it progressively got worse to now I am back where I was. 

Anyways I noticed last time I quit I had awful night sweats. Has anyone else experienced this? I would wake up and it would literally feel like i had gotten out of the shower and gone directly to bed. 

I know this is rambling but I needed to do something to get my mind off the cravings lol! Feel free to reply whatever you want!!! 

6 Replies
indingrl

Welcome and good job choosing life and not death just for YOU - no one else can do it for YOU - I am so glad for YOUR quitting NICOTINE Juul vaping -  its killing people horribly fast TODAY with comas and severe lung damage - teens vaping - THC and ending up in comas  - some get generic NICOTINE pods filled with double NICOTINE poison - unknown to them until they Toke it  and end up in ER in comas - please blog as much as YOU need to sharing or vent just where YOUR at or whatever you need to blog to NOT take one vape toke- please give us time to answer you  - also SUGGESTED to self EDUCATE YOURSELF is the key and creating YOUR NEW MINDSET - YOUR CHOICE YOUR PERSONAL decisions - please keep reading the FACTS on Vaping kills -  it takes lungs FAST and deadlier than cigarettes -  death sticks - NICOTINE is NICOTINE - it kills - it ain't about feelings - it is YOUR OLD addictive thinking that YOU need to change  - CHANGE YOUR thinking with vaping FACTS - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - gentle hug 

0 Kudos
Barbara145

I suspect it might have been your body de-toxifying.  I don't know.  Maybe someone will come along that has had that same experience.  Stick close to this site.  It is a huge help in quitting.

Gwenivere

I have not had the sweats you describe, but I know someone that did.  He said they lasted about 2 weeks. I get very hot and feel sweaty, but I’m not.  It feels awful.  Cold sweats, I guess.  I have a bad back so taking showers is an ordeal but I keep doing it knowing the feeling will just come back making me feel icky. I wish I had some advice beyond sleeping on plastic.  This may sound crazy, but pet stores have huge pads for dogs that are disposable.  I wouldn’t want to have to change the bed continually or sleep in it after it dried.  

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit. Educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading everything you can on this site.   I didn't experience sweating but have heard others on the site  indicate they experienced that.  Sweating is on the list of common withdrawal symptoms.  This is a great support group, so reach out if you need help.  Barb

elvan

Welcome to EX, the more education you have about nicotine addiction, the better, support from people in recovery and your own commitment not to inhale anything no matter what...will get you through.  I think we are just beginning to learn about the dangers of e-cigarettes and I honestly do not believe that anything good is coming out of this new trend.  The sooner you quit, the better.  

I did not have sweating when I quit but I was so sick when I quit that I am not sure WHAT I had...I just struggled to breathe.  I haven't smoked since and that was over 5 1/2 years ago.

Ellen

WhispersQSMB

I had the night sweats BAD when i quit drinking, it's your body detoxing. I also got sweats when i quit smoking but not as bad as when i stopped drinking. My night sweats were so bad that my pillow would be soaked, it was like someone took a hose and aim it at my head when i stopped drinking. I know some that used a shower cap when they detoxed, my night sweats lasted 4 days (bad) and done after a week. Night sweats can be a sign of infection but after you quit a addiction thats your body getting rid of all the bad stuff.