cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mjk15

Does anybody smoke cigarettes and Juul?

In my efforts to cut back on smoking cigarettes I started using Juul. I was at the point where I was smoking 20+ cigarettes a day and now I'm down to between 5-7 cigarettes a day, but the problem is I use my Juul in between cigarettes. 

Does anybody else do both? 

My goal was to quit smoking cigarettes and use the Juul and eventually quit that too. However, after hearing all the bad reports about Juul lately I feel like I need to quit both all together. 

Any insight would be helpful!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PastTense

In one of my previous quit attempts I tried to use an e-cigarette as a substitute.

I figured it was the same as using a nicotine replacement patch or gum. 

The problem was that it didn't teach me any new habits!

Replacing a smoke with a piece of (nicotine) gum teaches you to break the connection between smoking and nicotine.  It helps you break the habits of where you go to smoke and the preparations to smoke.

Using an E-cig didn't break those habits - it actually enforced them.  I have heard that e-cigs and vaping all have a higher dose of nicotine than cigarettes do.

Instead of be a bridge to non-smoking, I wound up more deeply addicted.  Super fun.

I didn't have luck with them.

My two cents

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
YoungAtHeart

There was a good talk on TED about vaping that you might find enlightening (in blog right before this one).  There might be MORE nicotine in the vape than cigarettes - having you become MORE addicted, not less.  You might do a search with the magnifying glass (top right) to find others' thoughts on it, too!

Nancy

Sootie

Since you asked.......my opinion is to....... quit....both.....period.

Everyone knows the damage that comes from cigarettes and if you don't, I suggest you look up the blogs of elvan‌ and Thomas3.20.2010‌.......two courageous EXERS who share their physical problems from smoking in their blogs so that others may hopefully benefit from this information.

JUUL is still too new to know the total extent of what it may do to you......but why chance it???

We all quit and you can too....we are no different from you.

AnnetteMM

I'm probably a fluke on this site...I actually did use a Juul to quit. I didn't smoke cigarettes at the same time, though. I quit the cigarettes, threw out all the ashtrays and lighters, then I threw out the Juul stuff when I was done with that.

Mjk15

Glad to hear that. That's been my goal is to quit cigarettes and then use the Juul as a crutch and eventually get rid of that too. Not sure it's the best option but it's something I've thought  about.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

If you commit to a plan, any plan, it will work.