cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

Saturday chores - The Never Ending Story

We just moved in to a new house 3 weeks ago.  All the kiddos have flown the nest and we down-sized from 5 bedrooms to 2.  It's been a difficult transition.  We have accumulated so much STUFF!!  Some of it is really cool, but a lot of it is just STUFF.

The house we bought is old and needs lots of repairs.  Not terrible because we like house projects, but every project so far has become a nightmare.  I went to change out a bathroom faucet last night and discovered it had been "repaired" over the years and had a variety of pipe sizes, fittings, welds, and other modifications.  The pipe was completely rusted through and being held together by the chrome plating.  THREE trips to the hardware store to get all the parts needed to put this thing back together.  

Good news?  Too busy to smoke or really even think about smoking

Bad news?  Three trips to the hardware store!

I'm off to repair the kitchen faucet.  I hope to be done by Monday.

Keep the quit

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
5 Replies
Barbscloud

This is just perfect to help with not smoking.  I know I had to keep busy.

sweetplt

Projects can help with the craves...just hope your projects don’t require too many fixes...~ Colleen 243 DOF 

elvan

We had a bathroom faucet like that in our last house, I am not sure how many trips to the hardware store it took to get it SEMI-repaired.  Our current house was finished in 2015, what a difference from the house that was built in the 1850's.  Things haven't been repaired by do it your selfers...the sink in the upstairs bathroom was next to impossible to repair...it was really pretty funny.  My husband does NOT like house projects but, trust me, he LOVES stuff.

You are doing great.

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

I have a good friend who will do any house repair - EXCEPT plumbing!!!  He swears no plumbing job is ever complete unless it involves no less than three trips for parts.

Good that you are staying busy! 

How many days are you quit now?

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on always protecting your quit - despite the plumbing challenges! Congrats on the new house too!