cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Coyote1

Current success

I've been dealing with some depression since recent quit but I haven't been sucked in to smoking again. I feel pretty lost today,  disconnected, deeply sad. Then I read all of the tough things other people on here are going through and  it gives me courage to keep going. There just isn't another option. Smoking would just make me feel worse about myself really. How is everyone else today?  

11 Replies
TW517

I do a lot of volunteer work in prisons and poor neighborhoods.  Sometimes (like today), the despair really gets to me.  But like you said, often it knocks me out of my "Woe is me" sorry for myself moods seeing those coping with far worse problems than me.  Sorry you were feeling down today.

indingrl

CONGRATS STAYING NICOTINE FREE - GOOD JOB loving yourself and I am ok today - thank YOU for asking that is very kind of YOU - MY emotions were all over the place in EARLY recovery from NICOTINE too - it was SUGGESTED I write a goodbye letter or a divorce letter to MY lover and best friend NICOTINE - it sounds silly - I did it and I started thinking and FEELING better mentally and emotionally - please keep blogging everyday and all day IF YOU need to to talk to vent or just sharing whatever - please give us time to answer - please take what HELPS - and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is ny only aim - thank you  - gentle hug❤

Mandolinrain

Thats wonderful your protecting your quit. Im so glad your here and active.

When I'm down I go find someone to cheer up and like TW517 said he does volunteer work, I do too and I find it very rewarding as it helps me take my mind off of me when I help someone else

I hope you feel better soon and I will say a prayer for you this evening.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I sincerely hope this hug might help ((((((((((((((((((((Coyote))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),

sending my wishes that you feel brighter soon

and my congratulations for not smoking!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Quitting can be more emotional for some than others.  I felt that more than the physical aspect.  I would describe it more as sadness.  I would cry for no reason.   It will get easier, so stay close in the meantime. 

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I love that you realize that smoking is not an option.  Keep that on your forefront.  SINAO

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I also go through sad periods on day 9. I am going through some emotional hell with my adult son who has been going through a really tough time the past couple of months. Smoking will only make me more sad.

Connie

0 Kudos
elvan

I am really proud of you for coming here and opening up about your depression.  It can be such a paralyzing feeling and so many people return to smoking, thinking it will help.  THEN, they have to deal with their depression AND their disappointment in themselves.  This journey is one day at a time and there is no way to rush it...BUT exercising can help release some dopamine and help with depression, so can sunshine.  Sending you a comforting hug and letting you know that you are doing GREAT!

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi Coyote1 Depression can be part of this journey...either masked by smoking...or letting go of what we thought was a good friend...(smoking)...anyways, hang in there and get some exercise and/or walk outside...it will help with the depression...if it continues and gets worse, donot smoke....consult your Doctor and he/she may be able to help...Happy Tuesday Hon...~ Colleen 246 DOF 

0 Kudos