cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

D-day minus 1

Tomorrow is the official quit date.  I have started dozens of half-hearted attempts in the past year and I'm tired of quitting.  I am ready to be a non-smoker.

I actually wrote down a quit plan

I identified triggers

I have a list of rewards

I stocked up on gum and sugar-free cough drops

I have celery sticks chopped and ready for my lunch bag

I bought a case of fancy sparkling water to sip on.

And I logged in here.

So, I am ALL IN to be all done

Keep the Quit
PT
6 Replies
TW517

I was (and still am) a big fan of chewing on coffee stir sticks.  I would cut them in half and chew on them for as long as the crave lasted.

Related image

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo...Ready, Set, Quit...You go...preparation will really help out...remember drink lots of water...keep it here...~ Colleen 240 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

In addition to a cold bottle of water at hand from which to sip, remember that slow/deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each, are available anytime, anywhere.  You might still take your breaks at work - but go for a quick walk where the smokers aren't.  Count backwards from 1,000,  think of girls' and boys' names for each letter of the alphabet, count the red things you see in the room. 

You only need to get through an hour at a time - then do it over again!

Ready

Set...

maryfreecig

Fantastic list. You've got every reason to quit, a plan and support. Follow that part of you that knows you can do this and remember, Ex never tires of quitters--talk as much as you want or need to. Yes you can, one day at a time.

elvan

GOOD FOR YOU!  You are doing a GREAT job with preparation, do stay close to the site, it helps.  I had many, many failed quits in the past and this quit is over 5 1/2 years old, thanks to EX.  It has not all been easy and I certainly have had some serious challenges but I knew from the amazing support I got from here that smoking never did anything FOR me but it sure did a lot TO me.  We are here for you and we have all been where you are.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

Barbscloud

Congrats on your quit date today.   Looks like your prepared for success.   Reach out if you need help.  We're here for you.  

Barb