cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisetterai

Is it normal to have chest pain while 6 days into quitting?

Today makes 6 days since I quit and I feel good. However, I am having this subtle but sharp pain where my heart is and it comes and goes. Has anyone had this feeling after quitting or do you think it might be anxiety related? 

12 Replies
sweetplt

lisetterai Congratulations on 6 days quit...super ... almost through hell week...we are not Doctors and cannot diagnosis, honestly, if you are having chest pains, sharp pains, etc., you should go to your ER...and be safe then sorry...don’t hesitate...

Gotcha in my Thoughts...~ Colleen

lisetterai

It turns out I was just dehydrated! I didn’t drink any water today which is terrible but as soon as i did i felt so much better. Thank you!

Giulia

Hydration is really important, not only with quitting and getting the toxins out of our bodies, but in general.  I find that if I put water in a sports bottle with a nipple on it, I drink it much more readily than a simple glass of water.  Try it.  It seems - for me at least - to be more fun and water inducing.

sweetplt

Glad you figured out it was dehydration...and feel better...yes lots of fluids....Happy Monday. ~ 238 DOF

JACKIE1-25-15

Chest pain has been a reoccurring topic.   If you use the search engine (magnifying glass top right and type in keywords you will be able to get more on most subjects.  Here is a blog that I found from Dr. Hayes of the Mayo Clinic.  I believe is his blog is very on point on the topic.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2017/08/16/chest-pain?sr=search&sear...  I am happy that you found out what your problem was.  The journey continues...

AnnetteMM

I had what I called "lung pain" for a couple of months after I quit. I chalked it up to healing and it did go away. Drinking lots of water is absolutely essential as well. And congratulations!

YoungAtHeart

I tend to lose my voice when I am dehydrated - and my digestion goes to pot, as well.

Glad you figured it out!

Nancy

marciem

Are you talking edible cannabis here, Nancy YoungAtHeart‌  ??

Youngatheart.7.4.12 wrote:

my digestion goes to pot

LOL... sorry, I couldn't resist a good pun   .  Or a bad one.  Or any pun I can find   

lisetterai   I'm glad you got your situation straightened out..  You got some good advice, re: drink lots of water, and for medical concerns, see a physician or qualified medical person (always be safe and don't assume pains will go away).

About the hydration... when I smoked, I always had some kind of fluid going on, be it water or soda or coffee... because of the dry mouth and throat the cigarette smoke caused.  For a while, when I quit, I completely forgot to drink anything at times, until I started using ice cold water and lots of it to drown some craves.  I guess it's one of those things you have to learn/relearn when you quit smoking.  

YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos